Diablo® III

Stackable Wizard Buffs

90 Draenei Mage
I'm not sure if this was meant to be allowing in game or if it was just overlooked, but if you enable the Elective mode for your skill slots, you can stack the damage enhancing ones, in my case Familiar-Sparkflint, Magic Weapon-Force Weapon, and the passive skill Glass Cannon. It limits the number of offensive moves you can use at any given time, but with all these combined your damage seems to go through the roof. As I said, it could just be up to the player to juggle the amount of buffs vs skills to use, but I thought it may need to be brought up just in case.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Your standstill damage goes through the roof. Your survivability and kiting tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
The thing is, with the damage I'm getting, theres no need to kite. Just about everything dies before it even has a chance to attack.
Reply Quote
That will change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
End of normal mode, you can go damage crazy and it works great. The little description in Glass Cannon about killing things before they can get to you holds up pretty much true. Later difficulties, they just don't die like that. Die? Yes. Quick? No.

I gotta say though, it never occurred to me you couldn't stack Sparkflint and Magic Weapon without enabling elective mode...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Nah, I'm in Act 3 of Nightmare mode when I first tried this out, and it works pretty well. Combine that with Galvanizing Ward and Energy Armor-Energy Tap, and have the free spot be Diamond Skin-Crystal Shell.....pretty much nothing other than bosses can live long enough to do serious harm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Just an update, I tried it again and realized my character sheet reflected the buffs, so with Glass Cannon, Familiar-Sparkflint, and Magic Weapon-Force Weapon, my DPS went from 2151 to 3054. About a 900 dps increase from 3 buffs, leading to extreme OP-ness.
Reply Quote
I don't see the problem? you're sacrificing skill slots for damage increases.
I'm pretty sure this is by design.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I'm not saying it is a problem, more just trying to find out if the designers wanted that much of a damage increase from sacrifice offensive skills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]