Diablo® III

"Find the Khazra staff" obj. didn't register

I was doing the "Trailing Coven" quest where I have to find the Khazra staff in Karyna's Lost Wagon, but when I clicked on the wagon to retrieve the staff, the objective didn't register as completed and I was stuck with no option but to restart the game.

There was a group of enemy near the wagon when I clicked on it (possibly an elite pack) and as soon as I clicked on the wagon I had to start fighting.

This happened in nightmare, solo with the Templar follower.

Here's a screenshot, you can see that the wagon is not highlighted under my mouse cursor and that the quest is not marked as completed.

http://i.imgur.com/fgFeP.jpg
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
Pretty much the same scenario happened to me.
Reply Quote
If this happens, IMMEDIATELY alt+TAB to Windows and kill the Diablo task. When you restart the game, you should start back at the beginning of the Southern Highlands and the quest will be reset.

This worked for me and I was able to find the wagon again and retrieve the staff.
Reply Quote
Same thing happened to me. Had to follow AZDRAGON's advice. This will be the third time I go through the Southern Highlands as it kicked me out of the server the first time. :(
Reply Quote
I think the same thing happened to me. Ive been wandering around for a couple of days and cant find how to continue, so that must be it.
Reply Quote
Doh, same here. will try leaving the game :(

EDIT: yep, restarting the game did it: the staff appeared on the wagon right away.
Edited by repka#1119 on 5/27/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]