Diablo® III

Missing .DLL files?

88 Orc Hunter
Had to do a system restore today, ends up with me needing to reinstall D3. No biggie.

however, when i try to start the install off my disk i just get an error saying that im missing XXXX.dll file, reinstall the program and try again.

Im not computer savvy and do not know what this is or how to go about doing it. Please help.
Reply Quote
Bump. I need an answer to this problem too.
Reply Quote
My D3 was working before the patch. I haven't used my laptop in about 2 weeks to play. Updated and now I get the ijl15.dll error. I am not at home and don't have my install disks, either. I keep finding threads about this with no posts by any admins. I ran SFC Checker from Microsoft with no errors. I also installed the latest video card drivers. The only thing I've seen is to reinstall the client which someone here said they tried to do and I don't want to download 10Gs of stuff for nothing.....
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
You can repair your Diablo III installation by installing on top of the existing install.

Diablo III Installation Repair:

1. Go in the Diablo III folder and delete the Updates folder.

2. Delete the Battle.net folder:
  • Win 7/8/Vista:
    C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
  • Windows XP:
    C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net
(The ProgramData and Application Data folders are hidden)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/

3. Download the installer from us.battle.net/account (Do not use the DVD or an old version of the installer)
https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/?show=d3

4. Install the game on the same folder it's already installed. (Make sure it doesn't create a second "Diablo III" folder inside the existing "Diablo III" folder.)

Wait until it finishes and you should be good to go (Your install will be repaired and re-patched really quick)
Edited by e1D#1473 on 10/16/2012 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 01:49 PMPosted by ninjabear
sorry last question. Where can i download the diablo III setup from? Cant find it on battle.net

https://us.battle.net/account/download/
Reply Quote
Thanks very much for posting these instructions. They helped me after I got stuck at "launching" on the 1.02b patch.
Reply Quote
kinda helpful although it still did not work for me
Reply Quote
this worked for me thanks!
Reply Quote
and for a mac os x 10.7.3???
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I am having the same issue after the most recent patch. This is very frustrating :/ I have attempted the fix mentioned in the above posts but it did not work for me.
Reply Quote
You can repair your Diablo III installation by installing on top of the existing install.

Diablo III Installation Repair:

1. Delete the Battle.net folder: ("Battle.net" is not "Bnet")
  • Win 7/8/Vista
    C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
  • Windows XP
    C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net

2. Download the Diablo-III-Setup from Battle.net (Download the setup in the same language as your game)
3. Run the Setup you downloaded from Battle.net.
4. Make sure you install it on the same folder your Diablo III is currently installed.
  • If you installed the game on the default location, you dont need to change anything. Otherwise, make sure it's not creating a second Diablo III folder inside the existing Diablo III folder.
  • 5. Wait until it finishes and you should be good to go (Your install will be repaired and re-patched really quick)

Okay there is NO SUCH THING as Program Data that i see. I am running Windows 7 x64 btw
    Like I dont see a folder called Program Data, and I cant find a folder called Battle.net either....something wrong with me here or others are facing this too ??

help please !!
    Edited by C0lDBl0d3D#1148 on 6/19/2012 3:23 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    59 Undead Death Knight
    The battle.net folder is hidden. Just type C:\ProgramData on the Start menu search box and hit enter.
    Reply Quote
    That helped.....thanks alot :)
    Reply Quote
    100% of my technical issues with D3 have been directly related to the battle net file wich is sometimes in hidden program file files repeated deleting and redownloading has resolved all of these issues. there is probably nothing wrong with your pc.
    Reply Quote
    now when i open my launcher. it loads a setups popup, thenwhen its done and it wants to go to the launcher i get a new error. thanks anyways ima re-install hope that works
    Reply Quote
    Ура!! Все пашет Спасибо!!!
    Reply Quote
    I try using the method to fix it but it didnt work so I just decided to reinstall the diablo 3
    Reply Quote
    did it work??!
    Reply Quote
    07/10/2012 11:10 AMPosted by xhui
    I try using the method to fix it but it didnt work so I just decided to reinstall the diablo 3

did it work?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]