Diablo® III

Damage to attacker + Lifesteal + 4721 build

I've been looking at the force armor build and while it is pretty powerful it also ends up restoring health after you've been attacked, which is a bit meh and will still get you killed. What I've been trying to sort out is whether or not stacking absurd amounts of damage to attacker and lifesteal (along w/ passive regen of course) will build this up even more.

It's not hard to get dmg to attacker well over 1k, and with some really absurd gear you can get up to 2-3k (demon skin). W/ 10-15% lifesteal this means that any time you are hit you gain 5-10% of your life back. This fills a gap that the regen + 35% cap doesn't, namely large amounts of enemies pounding you for small amounts of damage.

Only issue I see with this is that I don't know if dmg to attacker and lifesteal work together like that. Any thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
I think lifesteal is on the percent damage dealt, so 10-15% lifesteal with force armor means you will get 3.5-5.25% life back, not 5-10% (because damage dealt is capped at 35% which hurts lifesteal as well). So you are still left with the majority amount of regen to gear.
Reply Quote
Also, on Hell difficulty the effectiveness of life leech % is reduced to 40% of base. On Inferno, 20% of base. This was tested and documented today by Kripparrian on his livestream with his Barbarian. It's possible that it's different for other classes, but % based life leech is diminished hugely in Inferno.
Edited by krameriffic#1314 on 5/21/2012 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Jd007
I think lifesteal is on the percent damage dealt, so 10-15% lifesteal with force armor means you will get 3.5-5.25% life back, not 5-10% (because damage dealt is capped at 35% which hurts lifesteal as well). So you are still left with the majority amount of regen to gear.

Force armor only affects damage dealt to the player. Lifesteal affects damage done by the player.

Anyways I think the delays would still basically lead to you dying only when 4 shot simultaneously as the build already has now. I don't see this adding any utility unless you could cover the 35% gap.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Awkward

Force armor only affects damage dealt to the player. Lifesteal affects damage done by the player.

Anyways I think the delays would still basically lead to you dying only when 4 shot simultaneously as the build already has now. I don't see this adding any utility unless you could cover the 35% gap.

oh oops for some reason i was thinking of damage reflection... 2am brain fart lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]