Diablo® III

What do you want in the expansion pack?

I really hope Blizzard can show me the love story between Adria and Diablo.
Reply Quote
It would be excellent if...

1st expansion, you realize that everything that happened after you met the emperor (Belial) for the first time in act II, was Belial messing with your head, making you think you've won.. But in actuality you're locked in a prison cell in caldeum or ditched in the desert slowly dying somewhere (near lut golhein?) living in a dream..

to me this is the start of a (better) twist, and will make the Lord of Lies what he should be, distort your perspective of reality, what is true and what is not. And it would also make the cheesy, cliched stuff make sense, in the way where: "hm.. that was easy.. too easy..."

But I dunno, this was just from the top of my head, all i know is, they better fix what they ruined. the story.
Reply Quote
The Black Soulstone will land on Coventus Shen, and he will turn into a fully gemmed out Diablo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Quite honestly, we need Mephisto. In Diablo 2, Mephisto felt like a !@#$%, considering he was a Prime Evil.
Maybe give him a new look; He looks retarded in Diablo 2, give him a story like: "The Mephisto you fought before was just an Avatar, now face the real Mephisto."
You would think; being the oldest and wisest, he would be a bit harder to kill. Unlike the other evils, Mephisto wouldn't hide behind his demons and blatantly face an opponent that is clearly more powerful than he. From what I've read he likes to pit people against each other. Maybe he can pit you and your follower against one another.

Blizz, make it happen. Mephisto was a !@#$% compared to his YOUNGER BROTHERS.

Also; For all those like "Mephisto is in the abyss, he can't get out!" or "Mephisto was part of Diablo (as the one Prime Evil)" To all those I answer; The story doesn't have to make sense. Just make it happen.
Edited by Mystarie#1497 on 5/22/2012 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Diablo was in the Abyss with him, and he managed to get out. And all the Evils are part of one, 7-headded dragon. Or, rather, were.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:49 AMPosted by skywalker

I think that story essentially comes down to "BANG BANG, thank you madame".
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Elessius

I think that story essentially comes down to "BANG BANG, thank you madame".

Diablo didn't seem very interested in Adria. More or less used her.
Reply Quote
The 5 (Or 7 hero's depending how many they add) get SUCKED into the Black Soulstone and then have to defeat the 7 Lords of Hell to escape and destroy the Soulstone
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 04:24 AMPosted by Doc
The 5 (Or 7 hero's depending how many they add) get SUCKED into the Black Soulstone and then have to defeat the 7 Lords of Hell to escape and destroy the Soulstone

Yeah, than we can face all of the demons in their Demonic forms. Their true forms; said to be so vile just looking at them can kill.
Maybe some of the Evils will get a better look.
Andariel; didn't even look evil.
Duriel; He looked like a Hydralisk
Belial; Well, Belial looked Pretty cool in his Demonic form.
Azmodan; He's a fat, piece of !@#$.
Diablo; Go with a combination of D2 and 3 Diablo.
Mephisto; Completely redo Mephisto
Baal; Make him look a bit more sinister looking.
Change those things; and Blizzard, you can have my money.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Posted by Doc

Yeah, than we can face all of the demons in their Demonic forms. Their true forms; said to be so vile just looking at them can kill.
Maybe some of the Evils will get a better look.
Andariel; didn't even look evil.
Duriel; He looked like a Hydralisk
Belial; Well, Belial looked Pretty cool in his Demonic form.
Azmodan; He's a fat, piece of !@#$.
Diablo; Go with a combination of D2 and 3 Diablo.
Mephisto; Completely redo Mephisto
Baal; Make him look a bit more sinister looking.
Change those things; and Blizzard, you can have my money.

Andariel DEFINITELY looked Evil it's just that....
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsSexy

And no, let's not do a
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BossRush
Reply Quote
More bosses, more cut scenes or movie scenes, not some lousy "cinematic" of drawings and a voice actor behind the action. Everyone skips it first thing it appears.

Azmodan, Mephisto, Belial, Cydaea

In the expansion pack should be abundant. Azmodan should have minions already at his side, he's too easy with himself and far easier when he tries to summon his minions but we destroy the summoning gate too quickly. Belial is good, I like how he have many different forms. Azmodan reminds me of Mephisto, how lousy of a boss fight or character he is. Sure we have to go through so many bloody towers just to get to Cydaea, the Consort, then to Azmodan, but with all due respect, I wish the boss fight itself was more challenging. Even Cydaea's fight should be more challenging. She first escapes, then lets you "play" with her daughters, then you fight her again, but this time she has no backup, no extra spells, skills, fighting techniques, it's no wonder I only consider her as a large bug that I squish easily. Perhaps make her move faster, summon two elite packs of Succubus by her side, shoot some fireballs or webshots and have her two elite packs shooting red balls at you. Perhaps she should have kiting fighting style. She shoots and runs away and shoots and runs away, while her minions are on the loose hitting you with everything they got. Think about Baal? He got some pretty good packs, but he just laughs whenever you kill his minions, but minions + boss together at the scene is pretty intense. EVERYONE would enjoy some challenging, isn't that why we have nightmare, hell, and ultimately inferno?

Depending on the Auction House for Survivability

Right now, OUR main challenge is making MONEY and buying better gear for ourselves when we have NO customization of our own, no runes (to socket), no special builds (tons of builds in D2, and to some extend in D1 there are builds as well), as much as 3 sockets and no more, and we cannot depend on our skills as a player and our selected builds as oppose to the gear that we trust more for our survivability.

I understand that every time you sell something, 15% of that transaction ultimately goes to Blizzard, which then collects and sell back the gold we fought for to us via Real Money Auction House. That's fine, but the idea that we have to constantly farm for good items that have more than 4 special abilities, and 3 of the 4 must be useful and 1 of the 4 can be convenient. I dislike the fact that we cannot create our own items to what we need, we would need to find Plans that is difficult to find, but easier to find and buy on the AH, for a price. We find lousy drops everyday, most of it goes into the salvage hole or to a merchant's pocket. Sometimes we sell them for super cheap in hopes someone will want to buy, but the number of buyers cannot justify the number of items for sale that are good and bad, expensive and cheap. And sometimes I see ridiculous prices for items that aren't worth millions of gold.

With a lack of buyouts and more on bids, people are pushing outrageous prices, inflating values that cannot justify. Becoming more of an inflated, micro-ed, unmanageable, etc. This of course makes gold a deem fit as a commodity. Unlike in D2, gold was easily found and you would have too much that it becomes useless. Fortunately, Blizzard made gold more useful, by connecting it with the real world, in real time, and apparently, creating a stock trade out of it (last trade value was $X.XX). Unfortunately, by connecting it to the real world, we become DEPRESSED, unmotivated, and "unemployed". We already live in a recession era, I don't want to be reminded of it. How I think about Diablo 3, I think about oh I need a job to make money otherwise I can't get the next latest thing (level up gear) or support myself (survivability).

Okay, that's my rant. But it's a good darn one.

My solution is to add the ample features from D2 of customization, increase the max level, have a moderator in the AH for outrageous prices (we need fair trade and justify the actual amount of gold we find in a 5-6 hour session), decrease the bidding expiration time, INCREASE the max amount of items for sale and stash (I hate the max 10, and I hate the max 50 in the other virtual stash in the AH). Increase the stash amount (we farm, but we farm more than we can sell in one gaming session), increase the gold drop (instead of lousy 50-300, why not 400-5000?), and more gold drop from boss kills.

Anyway, I'm just rambling about, let me know what you guys think
Edited by chopaface#1203 on 8/16/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
More Special Quests from NPCs

Not some of your average, "Oh please help me, the imperial guards are trying to kill me!" sort of a deal. What happened to the NPC in town, where they give you specific quests and in exchange they give you a special offer of imbuing an item with 3-5 special abilities, a socket, a stronger ally, special unique items to permanently make you stronger, or have access to new different levels, more treasure, perhaps even a new "Cain". Cain was the only character who was transferable throughout the Diablo games. We lost a legend, and an old man. While all of the town NPCs, heroes, monsters, etc are different, we remained to have one "hero" with the knowledge to help us understand the game story better. We have Adria, the antagonist, jumping out of the story and leaving an uneventful cliff hanger. Oh we know she's up to something. And also some of the Diablo 3 story elements are similar to Dragon Age. Morrigan is like Adria. Don't tell me she wants to summon an Old God of Anu and that would be our ultimate boss. I like this idea, reminds me of the successful Dragon Age game.
Reply Quote
It would be excellent if...

1st expansion, you realize that everything that happened after you met the emperor (Belial) for the first time in act II, was Belial messing with your head, making you think you've won.. But in actuality you're locked in a prison cell in caldeum or ditched in the desert slowly dying somewhere (near lut golhein?) living in a dream..

to me this is the start of a (better) twist, and will make the Lord of Lies what he should be, distort your perspective of reality, what is true and what is not. And it would also make the cheesy, cliched stuff make sense, in the way where: "hm.. that was easy.. too easy..."

But I dunno, this was just from the top of my head, all i know is, they better fix what they ruined. the story.

Dude, you sound like the Indoctrination theorists from Mass Effect 3... It wasn't a bad theory but it was never going to be folded into canon by the developer.
Reply Quote
If it's done by the same team that made the vanilla game, I don't want an expansion. But since they're going to make it anyway, this is what it'll be like:

They retcon half of Diablo 3 for no reason. Cain will get diarrhea and dies from dehydration. Leah hears of this and whines "NOOOOOOO!!!!", does an angry stomp emote and goes supersaiyan. Adria gets possessed by the lesser demon Gokuel and they fight in the air. Covetous Shen and Zoltun Kulle, being both women, make sweet love under the arctic sun of Caldeum, situated near the north pole.

The new final boss will be El Diablo, a hispanic vampire living la vida loca in a dark castle. He was formed from all the prime evils, making him the super evil! He even has both Batman and Superman as his lieutenants! Luckily the player character, super saiyan Leah, Gokuel-Adria, zombie-Cain, and their loyal dog Tyraelmon can combine to form a badass robot nephelim that shoots lasers out of its nostrils.

That's the opening cinematic. The actual gameplay will be a single room that randomly spawns mobs, events, and boss fights. They'll also make it so you can use the auction house while in game, via Facebook, Twitter, text message, phone call and postcard. You'll be given the option to buy things on credit, with yearly interest of 1000%. You can mortgage your house with the middle mouse button. If you're late on payments, the game will take over your computer, rewriting your boot sector with itself, forcing you to grind for gold until you've paid off your debts. Every 24 hours a random folder will be deleted from your hard drive if you don't, so you betta.

Major spoilers, sorry.
Edited by vastaitku#2173 on 8/19/2012 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ureh & Skovos Islands
We have concept art from here already. Portal to hell is created in Ureh through Diablo's deception. Jungles of the Skovos Islands have many Necromancers and supposedly portals to both hell and heaven.

Imperius
Enchantress questions why Imperius doesn't close the portals to Hell himself during quest. He is also heavily wounded during battle with Diablo. Valor cannot be proven without battle, so Valor (Imperius) seeks war and without Wisdom (Malthael), replaced by his enemy Wisdom (Tyrael), his Valor may turn into Pride.

Leah
Tyrael and the Champion talk after the death of Diablo, saying they will find Leah and redeem her soul. Likely she is trapped within the Abyss where Lilith and others are, but she may 'somehow' appear next to the Black Soulstone's resting place (as it fell from heaven to Sanctuary.)

Malthael
Metzen said at Blizzcon 2011 that Malthael will play a bigger role in the expansions. After the Worldstone was destroyed, Malthael left his position to (possibly) wander the endless halls of Pandemonium but not before becoming a grim figure on the Angeris Council.

Belial & Adria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOX3NX4OTFs

Diablo & Adira
Metzen mentioned that "things are still going according to the Prime Evil's plan." Likely that instead of Metzen & crew being pure genius and fooling us all with Belial being Adira, that he continues the very cliche comic book style (he's a big comic book guy, so you can see why) plot we've had in D3.

Here's to hoping Metzen fools us, or leaves us disappointed as usual.
Reply Quote
08/19/2012 01:31 AMPosted by vastaitku
The new final boss will be El Diablo, a hispanic vampire living la vida loca in a dark castle. He was formed from all the prime evils, making him the super evil! He even has both Batman and Superman as his lieutenants! Luckily the player character, super saiyan Leah, Gokuel-Adria, zombie-Cain, and their loyal dog Tyraelmon can combine to form a badass robot nephelim that shoots lasers out of its nostrils.

This....I want this more than anything!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]