Diablo® III

60 Wizard -- Not gonna die!!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UiQSOm!Xfa!YZYZcc

So this is my survival build. Pretty much not matter what you walk into you are walking away. Melle mobs I just stand right on top of them and beat them down. It is slow going not gonna lie, but even the worst combination of mini-boss abilities is no problem.

I use a shield and 1h weapon. My gear is +armor and +Resilance. In addition to Inteligence, that makes for what I think is the best tank in game. I can kite, and stand and take it. The fights I admit are a bit slower paced then a DPS go all out and hope not to get hit build. But you make up for it by not chain dying on certain mobs.

Overall I love this build. Until 54 I was dps only. I switched to shield and Hell became a cake walk. I still do 10k dps, and I have 69% armor reducation currently, with about 55% to all resistances. IN addition to shields chance to block. I am not even in very good gear. No heroics, and most gear still under 60.

Do I miss waiding though enemies not elite? Yes. But I don't miss the chain dying to certain combo's of elites and losing my Nephalem 100% gold and treasure find.

Best part is compared to DPS gear, Max level protection gear cost next to nothing.
So what do you guys think?
Reply Quote
i think you wont get pass act 2 inferno
Reply Quote
Hell doesn't really matter, how does it work on inferno act 2 onwards? How long can you "stand and take" elite soul lashers with mortars that do insane DoT and are super fast? I have died in < 1 sec from just that with energy armor + forced armor and diamond skin + increased dmg absorption rune active... hard to imagine you tanking it without DS.
Reply Quote
not gonna lie, i don't really like this build at all, but if your running level 54 hell and you can tank like a champ, the results speak for itself. i think you found something that works for you. :)

EDIT: like the others have said, trying it in inferno could be tricky, but still, tanking in hell is a pretty good start
Edited by Adecoy95#1300 on 5/22/2012 2:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hell doesn't really matter, how does it work on inferno act 2 onwards? How long can you "stand and take" elite soul lashers with mortars that do insane DoT and are super fast? I have died in < 1 sec from just that with energy armor + forced armor and diamond skin + increased dmg absorption rune active... hard to imagine you tanking it without DS.

But which build CAN "stand and take" elite soul lashers with mortar? That's a skipped / rerolled pack as far as I'm concerned.. Soul Lashers suck, period.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]