Diablo® III

Demon hunter passive

So i have been playing a demon hunter since launch just hit 60 and would like to just point out that i am not too fond of a whole lot of the passives they have, they seem very conditional which leaves me with very little option on what to choose. I have looked at the other classes and they have alot more flexability with what they can choose while for demon hunter to have utility for alot of mobs you might be facing you are stuck to choose more damage (Sharpshooter, Archery, Steady Aim and Cull the Weak). I would like to hear everyone elses opinion on this please post
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You're a damage machine and that's your job; I don't know what you're expecting.
Reply Quote
well a bit more versatility a defensive passive maybe something to add dodge, resists, movement speed without needing full hatred something like that
Reply Quote
i agree with laugher, dh is meant to be a glass cannon. you can't have everything.
Reply Quote
even with that in mind there isnt much in the sake of helping to prove your ability of being able to maneuver around even the wizard has passives that benifit them defensively
Reply Quote
but point that i am trying to make is there is a lack of options you can make without having major restrictions
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
05/22/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Juggernauted
So i have been playing a demon hunter since launch just hit 60 and would like to just point out that i am not too fond of a whole lot of the passives they have, they seem very conditional which leaves me with very little option on what to choose. I have looked at the other classes and they have alot more flexability with what they can choose while for demon hunter to have utility for alot of mobs you might be facing you are stuck to choose more damage (Sharpshooter, Archery, Steady Aim and Cull the Weak). I would like to hear everyone elses opinion on this please post

You should base your build on what weapon you're using and the archery passive. For example, If you use bows, I would go with an attack speed build. As archery /w bows gives you 15% more damage, greater attack speed is a great multiplier when combined with the quivers passive attack speed buff. For two-handed crossbows, I would go for an increased crit chance build, which stacks very nicely with the archery passive which gives you 50% increased crit damage. And 2x 1 hand crossbows, I would build for increased crit damage as 10% crit chance is already built into the archery passive.
Edited by Medieval#1495 on 5/22/2012 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@Grumlee
Couldn't have said it any better.
Edited by Dahvie#1105 on 5/22/2012 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
oh i do have a good bow build i apreciate the input point i am comming across with is alot of the passives dont seem versitile compared to other classes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]