Diablo® III

No sound after d3 directed to updates/drivers

Hi, after getting new drivers i had no sound. i noticed something (i think it was windows compatability driver) had a yellow mark in the device manager and said unistalling it might fix it, but it's not re appearing as a device. i rolled back the driver for the sound and still nothing. Some one help please, thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What "new drivers" did you download for what hardware?
Reply Quote
hey again lol i said the hell with it and bought a gt 520 due to it being on sale. i downloaded display drivers(that include other things) 296.10 from the nvidia site, i see today they released more. i can play d3 just no sound =\
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's probably that the HDMI sound drivers somehow overrode something in your system. You should uninstall the nVidia drivers cleanly, then reinstall -- BUT DO NOT INSTALL THE HDMI AUDIO DRIVERS.

See if this works.
Reply Quote
mk ill try that
Reply Quote
should i download the new release that came out today?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Sure.
Reply Quote
No luck.
Reply Quote
I made sure it was on in the services, i still have the dreaded No audio device sympton
Reply Quote
i just did a system restore to a date that i had sound...and still no audio device...fml
Reply Quote
i got the microsoft winmm wdm audio compatability driv er to show back up but it still has a ! next to it
Reply Quote
I call nvidia, but they werent much help either =\
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What is your audio device? Realtek?

Check using Speccy (by Piriform)
Reply Quote
Not sure what speccy is. Before i upgraded my video card i think realtek was the device(at least the drivers from them were needed).
Reply Quote
ok i checked, i have realtek and nvidia. I dont recall having nvidia before though

*edit* the realtek has a trouble code 10, i had to use add hardware to get it back
Edited by AdmirlAckbar#1119 on 5/22/2012 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Go to your device manager, and uninstall Realtek audio device drivers, then forcefully delete/remove the hardware (right click option).

Reboot.

Then go to Realtek website (www.realtek.com.tw) and download the appropriate audio codec for your computer, which is likely this page:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Download one that matches your OS, and your preference (ZIP'd file, or executable)
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/22/2012 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
did that, got the codec's you listed and still no good. the realtek isnt showing back up either just nvidia.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
go to Device Manager then search for a new hardware. See if realtek shows up again
Reply Quote
none
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So you did clean uninstall of all nVidia drivers, reboot, then installed the new drivers BUT did not install the HDMI audio drivers with it, right?

Which audio driver did you download from my link?
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/22/2012 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]