Diablo® III

Is force armor superior to the other shields?

I don't think I see any wizards I play with use the frost armor or lightning armor. They all used force armor... and the level 48 +20 arcane power rune is pretty great. I know each shield has a completely different effect... but it seems armor is more needed than slowing down speed from frost armor or extra 70%dmge from storm armor. I mean for storm armor.. You need your monsters to hit you for the extra 70% dmge right? And in hell mode and inferno mode.. You can't afford to get hit even once.
Edited by RuthlessAB#1223 on 5/22/2012 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I used storm armor with the power cost reduction for all of nightmare and some of hell; was lovely for spamming disintegrate for long periods. I used ice armor with the chance to frost nova for the rest of hell. But yea, energy armor starts to take precedence
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Force Armor is a specific Rune for Energy Shield (that cannot be used with the +20 Arcane Power Rune) that prevents us from taking more than 35% of Maximum Health in a single hit. Its pretty useful for dealing the heavy hitters in the higher difficulties.
Reply Quote
I mean energy armor.. Sorry.
Reply Quote
The 35% health rune is pretty much king.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Storm and ice is far superior when playing with others. Energy is practically useless against champions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Force Armor is useful when you have less life. The more life you have, the more the benefit is diminshed as incoming damage can start to be come lower than 35% of your total health.

If you somehow can reach phenomenal amount of health, then you can drop Force Armor and use other spells, or use EA with Prismatic rune for increasing resistances. Until then... use Force Armor :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]