Diablo® III

Spirit Barrage or Acid cloud

Is the Phantasm rune better at doing damage then the acid cloud?

I feel that you get a little more kick with the 100% of wep damage for the acid cloud but i dont know if the phantasm is better in the end and will do more damage.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Phantasm stacks when you cast it multiple times in the same area. This is great when enemies are clustered together focusing on pets/melee allies, or are even just trying to focus down one enemy that isn't moving too much. SW in, SH, get out and spam Spirit Barrage. Enemies literally disappear. Currently in Act 1 of Hell and it's still doing the job.
Reply Quote
It depends. Both are AoE.

I have a build that concentrates on heavy single target DPS but AoE DPS is average. It uses Phantasm Spirit Barrage as my Secondary. It's a precise AoE but the area is small (like 10 yards) but you can make it big if you click multiple areas . You manually click the areas where you want them and it's stackable.

And I have another build for true wide area AoE but it eats a lot of mana becoz it uses Acid Rain. It always get me Massive Blow... an achievement where 30+ mobs die in one ability.

With tons of mobs stacking together like at the start of Act 3, I use Acid Rain. But on other Acts where mobs stack of 2-3 on one area and another stack of 2-3 on another area, Phantasm is more efficient.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]