Diablo® III

act2 inferno, 7k armor 800 resist all 10k dps

Mobs arent dropping instantly but neither am i,

can kill champ leapers even with the harsh affixes, nothing really scares me anymore just some packs take longer then others.

a regular leaper needs to hit me aprox 10 times to kill me, with just my hp if i add in diamond skin and templar healing some pots its really not bad, cant exactly stand still and tank a group but doing just fine.

i have over 1000 hp regn per sec and 550 on hit with wand/shield combo.

i never used forced armor so, i been doing this all along tho i kinda want to increase my damage more before i go further.
Edited by Zmora#1836 on 5/23/2012 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You could use force armor with the 40% increased resistances rune.
Reply Quote
i am using prismatic armor with the 40% thats included. Force armor is the rune that reducing to max 35%.
Reply Quote
Mind posting your build? :)
Reply Quote
This is rather interesting to see. Props to you for not following the regular few cookie cutter builds and experimenting with your own build. The problem for me, unfortunately, is that I'd rather not spend the money changing to another system when there are no guarantees yours is better.

But I'm very interested! Please post your build, as well as your hp (which you neglected to mention).
Reply Quote
nice to hear. This is what I plan on doing as soon as I can play. When I logged this morning and switched to the 40% resist rune I wasn't getting one shot in act1 so thats good.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
Thanks for this info. How much damage are the serpent things that you see before Belial doing? I'm to the point that in act 1 force armor protection only kicks in for champs/bosses/etc, not little stuff (which barely moves my bar anymore), but in act 2 those serpents still constantly trigger the force armor protection, which means belial is a real pain.
Reply Quote
IMO u should upload your build to show how you do it, its nice to see ppl can still do stuff in infer after "fix"
Reply Quote
Well i'm completely broke buying gear to kill inferno diablo with force armor build so now i get to be a broke useless wizard that can't kill anything. It's so dumb that 3-4 of all classes need to gear balls tot he wall tank to be viable. I can't afford it.
Reply Quote
Build please!
Reply Quote
What's your health pool at?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Are you using a shield, or a +damage OH?

I've been considering setting a up a shield build for my wiz.
Reply Quote
7k armor, 800 resists?

Congratulations on purchasing act 4 Inferno equipment and using it in Act 2.
Reply Quote
You realize that the entire point of Inferno is to be INSANELY difficult so you have to farm each act to progress through the next right? This isn't some casual bull!@#$ where you can just have decent gear and make it work. It is for the best of the best, stop %^-*!ing that you can't do it with sub-par gear.
Reply Quote
7k armor, 800 resists?

Getting those kinds of stats is hardly impossible with inferno act 1 gear. In fact you can get those kinds of stats with Hell act 4 gear. Literally the only thing I've bought on the ah that I'm currently using is my current weapon and I have 700 resists and 6.8k armor, and 4 or 5 of the pieces of gear I have don't have any + all resistances on them. You can probably get 1000 resists and 9k armor if you're in "perfect" act 1 inferno gear (with prismatic armor).
Reply Quote
7k armor, 800 resists?

Getting those kinds of stats is hardly impossible with inferno act 1 gear. In fact you can get those kinds of stats with Hell act 4 gear. Literally the only thing I've bought on the ah that I'm currently using is my current weapon and I have 700 resists and 6.8k armor, and 4 or 5 of the pieces of gear I have don't have any + all resistances on them. You can probably get 1000 resists and 9k armor if you're in "perfect" act 1 inferno gear (with prismatic armor).

You are wrong. With blacksmithing and drops from act 1 and 2, you could get those stats fairly reasonable. It's not rare for single items I make to have 700+ defense on them.
Reply Quote
Wait you have 800 resists AND 1000 hp regen AND 7k armor? ... Wow.
Reply Quote
i think its hilarious all these wowkids dont understand why they cant beat inferno in lvl 55 items.

its called GEARING UP, i have a wizard in A2 soloing inferno no problem atm and my gear is not even as good as this guys
Reply Quote
Same here. Get the hell defensive stats up first.
Reply Quote
This is the kind of build I am going for, more or less. One thing that seems to seriously up it's value is life on hit combined with magic weapon/venom rune and an arcane hydra. Each time it fires 3 shots which then aoe to all surrounding creatures. Every creature hit then takes a 3 tick dot. Every one of those hits/ticks will give you life. Against 3 mobs that's 9 ticks from one volley with another 6 in 2 seconds. Against 5 mobs that's 30 ticks. At 500 life per tick that's 15k health. I have regenned 20k life in seconds with this (and cycled all my cooldown almost instantly since venom weapon can crit.). This doesn't seem to work as well with venom hydra sadly, but it still needs more testing.

With the resists and protection way up like they are here every point of life regenned is worth that much more. I have face tanked elites/champions like this. Granted it's only in Heaven/Hell diff, but my stats have a LOT of room for improvement (only 250 resist and 3k armor w/200 life on hit) so I think it will work in inferno as well (probably not face tankng though). Just have to get the stats up to where this guy is talking about.

But the gear is crazy hard to find, and can be pretty expensive. Although people don't value life on hit as much as they should.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]