Diablo® III

Ninja Diablo Buff makes it impossible

So, tonight as every other night i would go to Diablo and try to kill him in Inferno, and i noticed that he is stupidly buffed (as today) to counter any range class.

The buff its that he has 0 CD on his Teleport and he does it all the time, not like before where he would cast it with something like 10 sec CD.

the DH is a range class, we can't tank for !@#$, so we are supposed to stay away, but what in the name of god i can do if he teleports to me every 5 seconds and try to slap me, i can't perma run Smoke Screen or anything, at the 6th teleport I'm as good as dead.

I don't mind the difficulty, but it is really REALLY frustrating when you can't beat something because there is nothing you can do to avoid it, there is no gear or skill that would allow me to survive.

I know there is a few Diablo Inferno kills videos out there, but that was before the SS nerf and the Diablo buff.

I wonder if blizzard does even test the changes or they just pull ideas our of the **** and put it into the game and see how much players get frustrated.

Note: For people "Its just RNG", its not, he got changed, before, 25k DPS i was able to take him to the 2nd phase and died there due to the shadows and some other stuff, today, having DOUBLED my DPS (sitting at 50k) i can't even get through phase one once, having attempted him for 1 hour straight.
Edited by Jimmy#1756 on 5/23/2012 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey man, I know exactly what you're talking about with Diablo's teleport.

I'm only in Nightmare but the only thing keeping me from advancing to Hell has been that he teleports almost constantly to me when I enter phase two. Everything goes very well until after I kill my first shadow because he'll constantly ninja teleport to me and pop his fire circle on me without having any chance to avoid it.

I've only had issues with it in phase two though because he teleports to me no matter how close or far away I am from him. The only thing I could think of for ya for phase one unless Inferno mechanics are wildly different is to try and keep him at range but just don't move to the far end of the map - I may be wrong but that seems to exacerbate his being prone to teleport to you.

Good to know I'm not the only one having trouble with it, even if I'm not as high up as you. :(
Reply Quote
I'm not sure about a buff, since I only got to inferno diablo last night but I agree with you. He teleports SO much. I have to get lucky with prep not going on cooldown to pass phase 1 sometimes.

I'm wondering if he'll teleport less if we stay within a certain distance, but then again he'll just charge and swing.
Reply Quote
I noticed this too. It happened just as I made it to Hell Diablo, and it made solo'ing her a pain. But after about 5 attempts I managed to take her down. Just keep your distance and hit her with Evasive Fire/Displace and run when she teleports to you. Pop smoke and run when you mess up. Tactical Advantage helped a lot for the running part... I did a lot of running.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Ginosaji
I noticed this too. It happened just as I made it to Hell Diablo, and it made solo'ing her a pain. But after about 5 attempts I managed to take her down. Just keep your distance and hit her with Evasive Fire/Displace and run when she teleports to you. Pop smoke and run when you mess up. Tactical Advantage helped a lot for the running part... I did a lot of running.

Diablo is a guy.
Reply Quote
I tried a couple attempts using evasive fire with displacement to get away from her, however with ~200ms if I'm a fourth of a second too slow on the evasive fire she'll still hit me even if I've already vaulted away. Also, don't remember Hell damage but I can't survive any hits from him at all, so there's no room for error.
Reply Quote

Diablo is a guy.

He got a sex change recently. I refuse to call him a guy again until he loses the boobs.
Edited by Ginosaji#1307 on 5/24/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not only that, they also ninja buff elites in that if you die, they will instantly restore their hp to full. Game is unplayable even with 60k dps.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Afterstar
Not only that, they also ninja buff elites in that if you die, they will instantly restore their hp to full. Game is unplayable even with 60k dps.

If I'm forced to zerg I only have that problem once my timer gets up to 28 seconds
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 02:18 PMPosted by theK1ll577
Diablo is a guy.

Diablo is inhabiting the body of a woman. He/she's transgender at best.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Pestilence
Actually Diablo doesn't even have his own gender, he's a demon, I don't think they reproduce that way. Therefore, his gender has to be whatever human he's occupying at the time.

Well since Inarius and Lilith had children together to form Sanctuary, I think they do reproduce that way. Also what would be the point of Azmodan having a maiden of lust?
Reply Quote
This is why I love these forums. Go from speaking about a stealth nerf to 'intelligent' debate on a demon's gender identity crisis. good times good times
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just got to him today and I can confirm that it's straight up impossible to solo unless you get some amazing rng. I don't care how good your reflexes are it just can't be done at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
it wouldnt work in inferno or probably much in hell either, but what i did in normal should be useable in nightmare atleast. use bola shot with the stun rune and impale with stun rune, bat and prep (rune of prep is up to you, restore health, hatred or 30% chance for no cooldown are all viable)

this keeps him/her/it..DIABLO almost perma stunned, when he teleports vault away or SS and stun stun stun and pray to the RNG gods that it procs. time yourt impales from end to end for maximum stun uptime with bolas inbetween. when hatred it down bola spam, he will still be stunned most of the time.

let me know if this helps in higher difficulties aswell.
Reply Quote
stand close to him. nop more than two cowtraps away
Reply Quote
so, i think there may have been a stealth buff across the board to bosses, because rakanoth has killed me literally a hundred times in a row tonight. His teleport-instagib time gives you less than a third of a second of warning before it hits- so even with ss- you have to see it right away or you are just !@#$ing dead. then he will keep casting the tp even if you are within (almost) melee range until you die. best i got was down to 200k. his speed is just way too high for me to live past the lag.

Therefore: I suggest that there was some sort of huge stealth buff to bosses( possibly to keep people out of higher lvl farm areas)
Edited by kountrklchr#1772 on 5/26/2012 4:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]