Diablo® III

When blizzard decides to buff monks

it would be a complete waste of time when a few days ago monks had a reliably set up for survivability. Yes I'm talking about MoH/boon spam and quickening mechanic, notice how I refuse to call it a bug.

The only foreseeable buff to monks will be to increase spirit regen and healing which....omfg did Blizzard just nerf both of those the other day? Why fix something just to re-implement something similar but probably more awkward to use unless they never plan to address it in the first place.

I didn't buy this game to kite or roll a range. Nor did I subscribe to wow all those years ago just to get shafted as melee and end up rolling mage just to feel like I can blow !@#$ up with abandon.

The take home message? Blizzard hates melee, I hate blizzard, I have quit this game and I hope my liberal use of paragraphs make it easier for you guys to read.

PS. I really enjoyed tanking as bear until swipe nerf. I enjoyed prot pally tanking until the %^-*ing golden dangle appeared under my HP bar and I really loved when I could punch things as monk.
Reply Quote
The game has not even been out for 2 weeks... Do you remember what Diablo 2 was like 2 weeks after release? Or WoW? If you wanted perfect balance in this game at launch, then we'd be waiting another year at least.
Reply Quote
i love the monk...very fun, just made it to hell mode, and i have to say it gets more exiting as u progress thru diffucltys...mucho grasias blizzerd..youve done it again..u got me hooked
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 12:20 AMPosted by EMMURE
i love the monk...very fun, just made it to hell mode, and i have to say it gets more exiting as u progress thru diffucltys...mucho grasias blizzerd..youve done it again..u got me hooked

No one is complaining about the class in Hell mode or before that. The game is all rainbows and sunshine in those levels of gameplay. In inferno all you do is hit 1-3 times and then run away and heal/wait for cooldowns. While Hell Act 4 only gives you level 59 gear, so gearing for inferno isn't viable without farming gold and buying your Act 3/4 Inferno gear from a wizard/DH who exploited chests or went glass cannon build.
Reply Quote
omg they ruined the one playstyle ive tried

my class is completely broken 1111111

if only you could change around skills or try different builds =(
Reply Quote
omg they ruined the one playstyle ive tried

my class is completely broken 1111111

if only you could change around skills or try different builds =(

Yeah I liked the build I have, do you know why? It's because it lets me melee without having to kite trash other than AoE spells but please I would like to defer to your expertise because I was clearly misinformed that monk was largely a melee class.

If someone had told me sooner or made aware during beta that rolling monk till inferno was just an entree to the greater world of ranged game play I would happily stick my head up my own !@#$ but due to physical limitations I can't do that so the next best thing is to remove myself from the problem so everyone is happy.

Let me apologise again for my poor english because I thought melee meant...hey what DOES melee mean to you?
Reply Quote
Are skill terrible becuase you dont think of ways to use them? or are there terrible cause there just bad. instead of theory crafting on a website get in game and do what i been doing. which is racking up a stupid repair bill on act2 inferno testing out builds
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
05/24/2012 01:28 AMPosted by darkkilla
Are skill terrible becuase you dont think of ways to use them? or are there terrible cause there just bad. instead of theory crafting on a website get in game and do what i been doing. which is racking up a stupid repair bill on act2 inferno testing out builds

This is what happens to mele in inferno, You run in attack twice

hide behind a wizzard for half a fight and wait for spirit regen because if you go near the mob the aoe they are spitting out of every !@#$ing orifice if going to 2 shoot you.

The game is ACTUALLY broken for mele not like 'waaa' this isnt fair, like not playable.....
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Misconduct
The game has not even been out for 2 weeks... Do you remember what Diablo 2 was like 2 weeks after release? Or WoW? If you wanted perfect balance in this game at launch, then we'd be waiting another year at least.

Well this game was 6 years in development, much longer than that since D2. They could have figured this out if they played their own game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]