Diablo® III

Toonami's Back

Toonami, the action/anime block that aired on Cartoon Network from 1997-2008, has returned to television after four years off the air. The robotic host TOM has gone back to his previous form because the fourth one was god-awful. New shows, new time and all uncut. Toonami. Saturday nights from 12-6 a.m. Only on Adult Swim.
Reply Quote
I'm glad that Toonami is back. It makes me excited about the future of English dubbed animes. Ever since Toonami has been gone the English versions have just sucked in recent years due to being edited and having terrible voice actors.
Reply Quote
OMG! Totally forgot. AS hasn't tossed a good anime our way since Code Geass. I'm going to go watch the stuff I taped on Saturday! Hopefully they are bringing me some solid shows to watch!

Edit: K done watching the new shows. My very brief opinions and expectations of both based solely on their first episodes:

Deadman Wonderland: I'm excited to see where this show goes. First episode had a lot of interesting things going on and I think it's going to be really good. Interesting concept and I can tell there are a lot of secrets to discover. Animation looks clean, voice work seems decent. Hurray!

Casshern Sins: Uh...what? The animation in this show is gross and I've never seen a series with so little going on in the first episode. Dialogue (when it actually happens) is stale with characters simply repeating themselves or just refusing to respond at all. Some child will say something to the main character and he'll just stare at her. We have A LOT of panty shots of what seems to be a very ugly toddler going on. A disturbing sign of a weird show at best. I'll give any show more episodes than one, but damn...this looks like a crapper.
Edited by Gatelttab#1911 on 5/29/2012 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Toonami was so amazing and I've missed it throughout my teenagehood, but it's kind of hard for me to watch it really because I don't like dubs of the shows they have except for Cowboy Bebop. D:
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Its back but with no DBZ, or Naruto :P
Reply Quote
06/24/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Gradavis

DBZ Kai is on at least 3 different channels I believe. God knows where Natruto Shippuden went. I'd have said it was between seasons, but I feel like it's been off the air longer than that. No biggie to me, I'm not impressed by Shippuden.
Edited by Gatelttab#1911 on 6/25/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/24/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Gradavis

But continues Ghost in the Shell therefore; nothing else is needed.
Reply Quote
What Toonami needs is some mother !@#$in Berserk though; IDGAF if the animation is bad...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]