Diablo® III

Unstable FPS, Desperate cry for help [SOLVED]

Im running Microsoft Security Essentials
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Glad to help.

I'm still mystified as to why the physics involved in knocking over some wooden planks with a spear are much more demanding than those involved in blowing up a tanker truck with a rocket launcher, but yeah freeing up a bit more power makes a pretty big difference for me too.
Reply Quote
Rendering an building imploding and collapsing on itself in BF3, No probs.

Smashed a wooden stool in Diablo 3? Now hold on there pal.
Reply Quote
I want to try this throttlestop too when I get home. I'm getting that fps drops as well. From 60 to 10-15 when there are mobs and combat.

sorry for the 'not-so-detailed' specs
cpu: i5
graphics: gt540m (2gig dedicated) latest driver, 300 something
ram: 8gig
Reply Quote
This sucks, Throttlestop doesn't work for AMD processors.

I'm not running a laptop, my desktop is having these issues.

My AMD processor is a Phenom x4 2.2ghz. Blizzard said in my support ticket that my machine is 'more than up to snuff'. I can not fix this issue and have tried "every" fix on these forums. NOTHING, not even a little.

Is there an AMD program that can stop the CPU throttling akin to Throttlestop? AMD Overdrive doesn't work because it says I don't have an AMD chipset supported by it.

Here's to more waiting...

I am happy you got it working though Neurotic, this is a very frustrating mechanic.
Reply Quote
As of now.... its working. Going to benchmark it still. Like going through the castle stage at act 3.
Did a Cynda(spider female) to azmodan run and remarkably, the lowest fps was 40. Max at 60. 1024x768 then high textures, everything low. Good enough for me. Will run some other tests as well. Thank you so much.
Reply Quote
I'm experiencing the same issues, and unless I get them fixed, I'm not sure I'll be able to play past Nightmare. My specs are:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Quad core 3.4GHz
Memory: 8 Gigs
Graphics: Geforce GTX 460 1024MG (latest drivers)

Does anyone know of a way to rectify this issue for AMD users? This game is really beginning to remind of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Great game, but horrible code.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6hwTPhjA6I

Did you try this? It might help, has helped alot of people.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem!

TRY PLAYING INFERNO WITH A 1 SECOND DELAY TO EVERYTHING AND WHERE EVERY MONSTER IN THE GAME TELEPORTS TO YOU. OH AND WE CAN'T FORGET THE FACT THAT ACT 2 IS 100% UNBEATABLE DUE TO THE FACT THERE'S WATER ON THE GROUND IN THE SEWERS.

Some reason my only problem now is water also.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Neurotic
Switch Hardware class to 1 in d3prefs

Yup Sinex, tried that one, just like the OP.

Had absolutely no effect.

Thanks for trying though.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 06:05 AMPosted by DamZe
They are silent because they can not fix it. The problem is with the game engine, it is not optimized enough for modern hardware, if you look closely at the trailers to the game you can see fps drops even on Blizzard's own machines. The way the game syncs up with the server and maybe even their physics engine is sub par.

this.

bump for fix.
Reply Quote
My goodness !!!! its a bit relieved that im not the only one experiencing this . but is it true ? is the fps problem due to the game itself ? im pretty sure ive met all the minimum requirements for this game . i really hope Blizzard can do something about this .
Edited by Zero316#6286 on 6/3/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What I used to do when this things happened to me. (Crysis 2, MW, Diablo 3, etc..) Format your computer, and install ONLY THE BASICS. Think about installing Office, Or Windows Esscencials, Or Even other games you play on non daily basis.

Format your PC and test it, It might be your GPU (Video Card Drive) the one that is not holding the standard... lets say... overheating...

My Two Cents : - Paxuz.com
Reply Quote
This fps problem hasn't been fixed.

Now i managed to get threw a complete normal,nightmare,hell and inferno rush.Now fps is dipping down to 1 and randomly going form 1-40 its constantly jumping up down up down cant even read it.Now i can manage to get it to sit at 10fps in town.

I have integrated graphics and sound card though.Intel to boot.

I had a previos game company tell me its possible that the .net framework can cause fps problems due to its updates all the time plus more then 1 .net on your pc.
Edited by JacobsHell#1185 on 12/9/2012 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]