Diablo® III

WD HC build NM to Inferno. RIDICULOUS DPS

I come from the land of HC =) 60wd on inferno A2. ( No henchies, No pets )

Due to the lack of WD's in HC forum I'm posting my build here in WD section.

Ok ladies and gents.... Here it is
a bunch of buddies telling me to post this because they've seen ze powah!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZPcUW!bXW!aaaaab

Gear* MUST STACK AS!!

Weapon speed 1.6+

Amulet, Weapon, Rings any piece of Gear you can get AS on.

How much you say? 2.0 + to be viable in inferno. Ideally around 2.5

No need for Vision quest, you have tons of Mana due to the low cost of PoT-RoT/and PD-Splinters.

Most of the other talents should be self explanatory, but here's a little input.

*Poison darts and Rain of Toads - With AS stack PD should be a machine gun with almost no gap between the cast. RoT Stacks 5 times before initial cast wears off.

*Spirit walk ( Jaunt is a must! ) For getting away from Fast/frost/arcane or Horde/frost/arcane/vortex mobs **Shutter**
Although Healing Journey is also nice because you have no Heals other than your Passive regeneration; coming down to player style.

*Fetish Army-Fetish Ambush - Packs a huge initial punch and best of all this causes Aggro!

If you ever get boxed in this + Spirit Walk will get you out of any* situation Vs Anything!

Only weakness are Wallers ( no SW through walls ;_; )

* Passive glyphs*
Regen both HP and Mana Is a huge heal once you get a bigger health pool
I really don't want to throw my math numbers in your face, but let's just say SA negates some of PtV's Mana Sacrifice.

**For those who are playing HC and are scared of getting one shotted by Belial or other mobs Replace PtV for Spirit Vessel to play it safe.

Now then, Key-bindings ( huge part of the spec )

* PoT/RoT Mouse-wheel UP

*Spirit Walk should be Mouse-wheel Down

*Splinters Left-mouse BTN

*Grasp Right-mouse BTN

Potions - Middle-mouse BTN

I have a Razor mouse so... 2 extra buttons for me, Fetish Army and Bats.
Choose to bind those to whatever floats your boat.

There really isn't any casting order - You should be Kiting to a choke point(Hell to Inferno) >grasp>Rain of toads;cast this 4 times, scroll up 4 times fast>Poison darts>bats to weaken the back of the pack.
Keep RoT up on mobs and Splinters. bat's shouldn't be used under 50% mana
Rain of toad and Poison Darts will do a RIDICULOUS amount DPS
I'll probably post a video of it in the future. Feel free to try this spec It's lovely!
Edited by dLspeed#1426 on 5/28/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
If i might ask...
1) What is your health
2) Damage?
3) 2h Wep or 1h + mojo
4) Resistances?

and is this spec good for Bosses AND elite packs? Cause i am only playing normal.. yeah i know im not a hardcorian, but i am having trouble finding a spec that is good for bosses AND elite packs. I am on inferno btw

*Edit* And WTF do you do about all those mobs that just come out of nowhere? THe invisible snake things that wont appear till they are on top of you, the jumping lacuni, the archers and tongue lick dudes
Edited by Bornforexile#1257 on 5/28/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Another question: How much of other stats (like Intelligence) should you sacrifice for attack speed? I'm thinking of things like those silly legendaries that are useless, but have +6% attack speed on them. In other words: Do you purely want max dps? Or is a higher attack speed worth a slightly lowered dps?
Reply Quote
If i might ask...
1) What is your health
2) Damage?
3) 2h Wep or 1h + mojo
4) Resistances?

and is this spec good for Bosses AND elite packs? Cause i am only playing normal.. yeah i know im not a hardcorian, but i am having trouble finding a spec that is good for bosses AND elite packs. I am on inferno btw

*Edit* And WTF do you do about all those mobs that just come out of nowhere? THe invisible snake things that wont appear till they are on top of you, the jumping lacuni, the archers and tongue lick dudes

28k hp squishy ;_; but In hardcore I've developed a play style that wont get me hit.
*In no way am I a slow carebear style player.*
30k dps
2.4 % AS
200 resist
1 hander ( is a must )

I just found a video on Youtube of a Belial kill - Take a look at how fast he rips apart the mobs :)
If this guy would use RoT he would down Belial in less then 30 seconds. I think I did it around 20-30secoonds

P.s. No idea how much dps this guy has- though it does look like he has 2.0over all AS on his character as you can see almost no gap in his Poison Dart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZrnR4TejE
Edited by dLspeed#1426 on 5/28/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No dogs or gargantuans?
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Nelphine
Another question: How much of other stats (like Intelligence) should you sacrifice for attack speed? I'm thinking of things like those silly legendaries that are useless, but have +6% attack speed on them. In other words: Do you purely want max dps? Or is a higher attack speed worth a slightly lowered dps?

Best way to attain the desired Attack speed starting up at low levels - Attack speed and damage buff so anything from 5-10 + 10% AS and up.

Rings same thing Socket/x-x Dmg/AS % + search AH for 1handers High base Attack speed with Attack speed % bonus / hands with AS %
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 02:06 PMPosted by CryBaby
No dogs or gargantuans?

Cry,

eventually you realize how much the WD pets hinder your DPS.

No need for tanks/henchies when you realize how much dmg you can do with just darts and AS%buff
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
In what situations do you use Dire Bats over PoT - RoT and vice versa?
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo7Y_j5h9Vo Inferno Butcher Speed Kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4NR0-egBqE Crazy 50-60 leveling guide 3 hours time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vWl4v77U7w Act 2 inferno WD soloing elite mobs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJRe7QKrI9Y WD solo inferno skeleton king. I Know it is easy

Shin,
in HC you'll realize close quarter combat as a WD is just plain stupid, I can see VQ builds fun in SC, but in HC you cant afford the risk.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Feralmoon
In what situations do you use Dire Bats over PoT - RoT and vice versa?

I.e. Honestly I use bats to pull lol.

Aside from pulling they are thrown in at the end a rotation; RoTx4- PD>bat>PD>keep RoT up>PD>bat

I always fight at choke points > bridges >doorways, etc.. Bats will do Aoe dmg to the back of the pack while you're bottlenecking the front, by the time they get into your RoT AoE area they should be 80% and going down > by the time tjhey get to the front they should be 30-40 % and ready to get gibbed.
Edited by dLspeed#1426 on 5/28/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
K 1 more question for ya, i have been just trying to stack as much int and damage as possible... i have 26k Damage with 2h, slow attack speed and only 20k health, should i invest in more vitality and drop some damage

*Edit* Just ran into Fast/plagued/vamp/desecrator lol any suggestions? i used raid of toads till i was out of mana ON them and they never went below 90
Edited by Bornforexile#1257 on 5/28/2012 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Bornforexile
K 1 more question for ya, i have been just trying to stack as much int and damage as possible... i have 26k Damage with 2h, slow attack speed and only 20k health, should i invest in more vitality and drop some damage

I can't stress how important Attack Speed is.

But If you're going to stick with 2hander, slow AS; Drop DPS for HP and get some resis. you can sac 1k hp for 10 all-resistance safely and get a good tradeoff.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 02:14 PMPosted by dLspeed
No dogs or gargantuans?

Cry,

No need for tanks/henchies when you realize how much dmg you can do with just darts and AS%buff

Alright will try it out, thanks. Im currently sill 34 and on nightmare and kinda could be doing better, probe because i really only use

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZYcdT!bZd!ZYaaZZ

which is probably why lol.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 02:44 PMPosted by CryBaby

Cry,

Alright will try it out, thanks. Im currently sill 34 and on nightmare and kinda could be doing better, probe because i really only use

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZYcdT!bZd!ZYaaZZ

which is probably why lol.

Let me know how the dps is once you tried it out.
Make sure to cast grasp then > Rain of Toads x3 at least before you start poison darts.
Reply Quote
alright will do.

Thanks again man, appreciate it. Not often actually reply with suggestions and help lol
Reply Quote
alright will do.

Thanks again man, appreciate it. Not often actually reply with suggestions and help lol

Hardcore player code of conduct ;D

Happy to help.
Post any questions you have here in the future and I'll check back.
Reply Quote
Thank you for sharing your build and answering follow up questions. It's really nice to see more play-style options popping up on the forums!
Edited by SpiderDijon#1377 on 5/28/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is the best build I have ever seen :)

TRUE COOKIE CUTTER!!!!
Reply Quote
if you always fight at chokes, how do you NOT have zombie wall!?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]