Diablo® III

Level 30 wizard - questions about build

I'm in act 4, normal, and as i read about all the level 60 wizards running through hell/infero, I'm curious if there is something I could be learning. Here is the build I am currently using:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UcXRid!aYc!aaaaZa

Basically, on boss fights, i throw down hydra, use arcane orb, kite, orb, kite orb, etc.
On general trash, I use electrocute as my long range spell, along with a hydra. If anything gets close, I pop Wave of Force, throw out some orbs, and usually everything is dead.

I notice that none of the level 60 wizards have Wave of Force. Does that imply everything dies before it gets to you? In act 4, I'm finding there are times when 15-20 mobs are attacking and there is no way they all die before some get to me. Just curious if there is something I can do at this low level to prevent mobs from even getting to me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

P.S. yes I understand that normal mode is 'easy' but it doesn't mean I don't want to do anything possible to get better, or prepare myself for what lies ahead in nightmare, hell, inferno.
Reply Quote
Perhaps my question can be summarized by the following:
How do you all handle groups of 15+ mobs attacking you? If you had to step back to act 4 normal, of even nightmare, how would you handle that scenario? The way I am handling it just seems so different from what every is posting about.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Newkastle
How do you all handle groups of 15+ mobs attacking you? If you had to step back to act 4 normal, of even nightmare, how would you handle that scenario? The way I am handling it just seems so different from what every is posting about.

Nothing wrong with playing the way you like. If it stops working out so well for you, then view some of the builds and explanations.

I can't answer for builds I don't play, but I carry Wave of Force, Mirror Image, and Meteor. So that's your answer: Meteor on myself while protecting myself with Images and Wave of Force if I can't start kiting or re-image by the time the duration ends due to the Illusionist passive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]