Diablo® III

Affordable Gfx Cards for laptop?

Hey i'm looking for an affordable Gfx card for my laptop, it's a little older, not too sure If I should just go out for a new system or stick with my pavilion 6700 any prices for new affordable systems or gfx cards?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
No such thing, you can't upgrade laptop graphics cards in most cases
Reply Quote
what he said ^
Reply Quote
Actually there are Gaming Laptops, usually nvdia and radeon sells them, but a laptop that can be upgraded is like Kalganized said, really rare and unusual...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I have one. I could upgrade the laptop graphics on mine (standard MXM slot), but I knew what I was buying, so.

Basically, if you own major name brand laptop like HPs and Dells, forget about it.
Reply Quote
I see, so affordable options on a new system?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Depends on what you define affordable, and whether you want laptop or desktop
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/29/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I know, but do you know what it would cost for a new desktop that could run this game smoothly?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you were to go as dirt cheap as possible, about $450 (not including OS, monitor, etc. Only the desktop itself).
Reply Quote
Hmm not too bad.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Another gotcha: You have to build it on your own with parts. Pre-built PCs at that price range won't come with good graphics card.
Reply Quote
spend 1200 bucks on complete system that you wont have to upgrade for years. and will run all games on high gfx settings with 0 studder and fps drops under 40fps
Reply Quote
Alright thanks guys, specially kalganized, always the wizard with computers :P
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you ever decide to build your own, check my build guide here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4850585139
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]