Diablo® III

Patch 1.0.2 MoE vs MoH

Hello,
I'm playing a tank monk in Inferno Act 3 atm (in a group with sorcerer and demonhunter).
What do you expect to be better MoE or MoH now?
I often switched between both but I dont like the new absorb procc cause I often used MoH for healing myself up while kiting.

What would you recommend?
(no reroll-qq please)
Reply Quote
Rely more on tranquility/health pots/serenity (peaceful repose) for healing and pick up MoE. I run MoE with the +armor bonus
Reply Quote
MoH is too weak at the highest levels. I find myself using Mantra of Conviction more than Health since it also gives me a stronger DPS boost. Thus run my rotation of Serenity - Breath of Heaven - Blind Flash - Health Potions - Seven Side Strike - Conviction.
Reply Quote
MoH with 20% resists rune give MORE dr and survival on average then profit from MoE (even with armor bonus)
Edited by Warrax#1249 on 5/30/2012 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
~1,000 absorb at level 60? No scaling? Is this a !@#$ing joke? I don't understand why Blizzard is so bent on making sure that Monks can't do anything but die at 60+... seriously, what the hell?
Reply Quote
I do like the Time of Need rune however
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Zerabitu
~1,000 absorb at level 60? No scaling? Is this a !@#$ing joke? I don't understand why Blizzard is so bent on making sure that Monks can't do anything but die at 60+... seriously, what the hell?

If you'd read a post of their's, they nerfed it and is now under scrutiny of undergoing a remake, until further notice, it's crap.

As for Mantras, anyone tried MoR with chance to get healed? It sucks 'coz the heal is already a chance AND is low, about 300max i think or something.. If only that would heal more. LOL

I use MoE with Backlash for the lulz.
Reply Quote
I find MoH quite useful tho...

MoH w/ Time of Need is quite useful.. also MoE w/ Hard Target is very nice too.
Even MoC w/ Overawe if you have a nice gear is pretty cool (even cooler if you're in a party).

Get this: In lvl 60 / Inferno, you dont get MoH for the healing. If you want healing, get Serenity w/ Peacful Repose or Breath of Heaven w/ Circle of Life. MoH is not for surviving and healing.
Reply Quote
this is something I'm going to check when I get home but I'm curious. Does MoH with the new rune heal over time, give you a 3 sec shield, and give you LoH or is it just the shield and LoH? The wording doesn't really clarify if the primary effect (hp regen) is replaced by the rune's effect. Or maybe I missed something.
Reply Quote
I have been using MoH for the spirit regen rune. Is that junk and a waste of my time? (lvl 60, act 1 inferno)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
check out my build I think you might like it lots of people are having success using it!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152414679?page=1
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Warrax
MoH with 20% resists rune give MORE dr and survival on average then profit from MoE (even with armor bonus)

What's dr?
Reply Quote
damage reduction
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 09:03 AMPosted by KodiakDuck
this is something I'm going to check when I get home but I'm curious. Does MoH with the new rune heal over time, give you a 3 sec shield, and give you LoH or is it just the shield and LoH? The wording doesn't really clarify if the primary effect (hp regen) is replaced by the rune's effect. Or maybe I missed something.

MoH still gives its standard effect of 310 HPS. When you activate it, it no longer provides 3 seconds of double regen and instead provides an absorption shield that lasts for 3 seconds and absorbs ~1000 damage. If you are using the redesigned rune, then you will also gain 182 (or thereabouts) Life on Hit.

For all those !@#$%ing about how worthless 1000 damage is in Inferno, remember that prior to 1.0.2, it gave you 3 seconds of an additional 310 HPS (after the nerf that took it from 4x to 2x). This means that activating it only gave you an extra 930 health over those 3 seconds. The new on-activation effect essentially provides the exact same benefit but all at once instead of over 3 seconds. This is a buff to in-combat survival while using MoH, although its significance is questionable.

Life on Hit is perhaps the best stat we can get, making the new rune an amazing choice for any build.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Chrizzle

If you'd read a post of their's, they nerfed it and is now under scrutiny of undergoing a remake, until further notice, it's crap.

As for Mantras, anyone tried MoR with chance to get healed? It sucks 'coz the heal is already a chance AND is low, about 300max i think or something.. If only that would heal more. LOL

I use MoE with Backlash for the lulz.

No, it HAS undergone it's remake, the tooltip just hasn't been updated. Check the patch notes for details.
Reply Quote
its funny that they do changes, and fix tooltips in NEXT patch. For new players it will be just oO
Reply Quote

MoH still gives its standard effect of 310 HPS. When you activate it, it no longer provides 3 seconds of double regen and instead provides an absorption shield that lasts for 3 seconds and absorbs ~1000 damage. If you are using the redesigned rune, then you will also gain 182 (or thereabouts) Life on Hit.

For all those !@#$%ing about how worthless 1000 damage is in Inferno, remember that prior to 1.0.2, it gave you 3 seconds of an additional 310 HPS (after the nerf that took it from 4x to 2x). This means that activating it only gave you an extra 930 health over those 3 seconds. The new on-activation effect essentially provides the exact same benefit but all at once instead of over 3 seconds. This is a buff to in-combat survival while using MoH, although its significance is questionable.

Life on Hit is perhaps the best stat we can get, making the new rune an amazing choice for any build.

thanks. that makes this a decent buff after the hard nerf... so I guess it's balanced now? increased hp regen and life on hit sound great to me. my barb friend is gonna love this mantra.
Edited by KodiakDuck#1522 on 5/30/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]