Diablo® III

Thanks Blizz for 80 hrs of wasted time.

I've tried just about everything with my monk to get him to even be "competitive" against mobs in A2 inferno.

#1 I will not buy gold from .com websites to buy AH weapons for millions

#2 I've tried stacking res's and it forces me to sacrifice stats/damage so it just turns into a slow death because of not enough dps with 23k hp lol...

#3 other classes cranking out !@#$ ton of damage but my monk had 1400 dex with my friend 800 dps 19% ias wep and I can only put out 15k (LoL)

#4 %^-* YOU blizz. Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Did you try farming in a gear farming game? Probably not.

23k hp? Lol thought you said inferno not hell.

Damage tooltip is in no way your "dps". Your skills have modifiers and different mechanics.
Reply Quote
I've been farming butcher in inferno act 1....theres not much more I can do at this point. I'd be able to survive if I had some crazy dps weapon but can't afford one. I keep changing my build around to w.e and now my gear is just !@#$ed because I lose hp here I lose dmg here or wait I lose both for res's. And farming isn't getting me far, I make what? 20k per run if that. And you maybe get 1 item worth 30k or more every 20-30 runs if lucky? Idk the AH is broken as %^-*, and I'm sure people are using programs to scan the AH to find deals and/or resell. My auctions get stuck in AH everytime they !@#$ing crash it. I have gear htats worth 30k+ listed for 5-10k just to sell it and it just sits there. This game is the biggest P.O.S I ever played. And they still refuse to fix the way the range classes are exploiting the game with crazy %^- dps when we dont have *!@# for armor help (because inferno mobs melt your face anyway) and then our dps calculates no where near the dps of sorc's. 1400 dex+600 dps weapon=12k damage with buffs on monk? You kidding me? I saw a sorc with like 1800 int and pumping 120kdmg lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/30/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Menace
you maybe get 1 item worth 30k or more every 20-30 runs if lucky?

lol what?

there are also monks clearing act 2, keep crying
Reply Quote
I've got 21k hp and 19k dps, going through act 2 with no probs.

Sounds like a skill issue.
Reply Quote
Clearing act 2 because why? They did !@#$ing 300 runs of butcher? Or they bought items off gold farming websites? Get serious dude. It's hard to even make money off of AH when it's %^-*ing down every 2 seconds and sweeps old auctions under the table to disappear. This isn't about the game being " too hard" or "time consuming" its about it being !@#$ing retarded...I have 80 hours in this game and I can't even sustain myself in act 2 and I get killed by mobs in a1 pretty easily too when in party. But then you got other classes face rolling. The problem I am having is with balance/exploitation/blizzard turning their backs on monk players and pretty much saying %^-*it theres 2% of monks that can get past act 2 you moron.
Reply Quote
I'm clearing Act 2...killing elites and champs...I have posted videos of this.

I farmed in Act 1 for maybe five days. FIVE DAYS.

Know what you're looking for in gear. Know what stats MEAN, what they DO, and how much of each you want. Seriously, I felt the same way five days ago. I got there.

Feel free to message me in game if you want some help, I can try...

Windghost#1149

Oh, and my hours played is probably about 100-110. Not many more.
Edited by Windghost#1149 on 5/30/2012 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Its not hard to make money doing act 1 runs. I have only done about 10ish full clears of Act 1 (Plus a few Warden/Butcher Runs) and I've made enough money to gear myself easily to tackle Act 2. Also, stacking resists is not the only way, there are a few other stats that you need to focus on.
Reply Quote
I'm clearing Act 2...killing elites and champs...I have posted videos of this.

I farmed in Act 1 for maybe five days. FIVE DAYS.

Know what you're looking for in gear. Know what stats MEAN, what they DO, and how much of each you want. Seriously, I felt the same way five days ago. I got there.

Feel free to message me in game if you want some help, I can try...

Windghost#1149

Oh, and my hours played is probably about 100-110. Not many more.

I'll take you up on this offer and add you. I'll be in inferno soon and will want some help understanding what way i should be speccing and what kind of gear I should get.
Reply Quote
20k per run if that
So..you're incapable of finding AH deals with all that 20k?...
Reply Quote
There are sooooo many people on the monk forum complaining that they cant do anything in inferno past act 1 (some still complain about act 1). Look, this game is about farming. It has always been about farming. Weather that is gold or items, you farm. Cant get something good to drop? Keep saving and upgrade as you can.

"But Bigfoote, I have already been farming for one whole week and still cant beat Act X. There is nothing more I can do!" Is the biggest load of Belial poop I have ever heard. Do you have the best gear in the game yet? No you say? Not even close you say?

The vast majority of players, by intentional design, were not supposed to beat inferno for months and months. It should take a good long long time for most people to farm enough gear to progress.

If farming, patience, or a game that is actually challenging is not your thing, Diablo is not your thing.
Reply Quote
And farming isn't getting me far, I make what? 20k per run if that. And you maybe get 1 item worth 30k or more every 20-30 runs if lucky? Idk the AH is broken as %^-*, and I'm sure people are using programs to scan the AH to find deals and/or resell.

Try picking up the gold that drops on the ground. I just finished Act 1 Inferno today. Going from the start of the Fallen Angel quest to the Butcher usually results in about 60k from picking up gold, 30k from vendoring crap loot, and 0 to 200k from drops.

All I can say is that you're doing it completely and absolutely wrong.

If your stuff is not even selling for 5k, stop putting crap onto the auction house. Learn what is good loot to sell. Stat + Vit + Resist will likely sell.
Reply Quote
I'm clearing ACT 2 fine and my gear/stats are not anything good.

I'm lacking major RES.
STATS
300 RES
9k ARMOR
20k DMG
1300 DEX
1000 VIT

Like you I was extremely frustrated with just dying to mobs constantly not even elites.. now i can get a five stack and enjoy playing to progress further. You just need to gear grind and find a build that works for you.

My build is...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bjYXgh!XYU!Zbcbaa which works great. Learn to use DR + Mystic ally in doorways/tight areas.
Reply Quote
Three letters for you... L2P, really.
Reply Quote
Hmmm bad to hear this, but it sounds like a true story. I have monk too and I dont know what should I do now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Believe it or not, one or two slots of 'increases gold pickup radius' does wonders for your gold/second when doing runs. I put on some gloves i have just for that mod for Butcher clears. Maybe that could help you get to 60-100k/run averages.
Edited by greysphere#1569 on 5/30/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have got to inferno act 2 quest 7 with minimal farming. So you may just be using a bad skill set up or managing the gold you get poorly. Try doing what i'm doing for new gear.

First - Buy gold find gear you can get +12% gold find items for 5k they are low lvl but who cares.
Second - Farm act 3 of NM or the 1st act of hell, with 5 stacks of NV and your new gold find gear you should be around +200% gold find.
Third - About every 30 minutes you should have 100K, with that buy 1 piece of magic find gear at around +17-18%
Forth - With a full set of MF gear farm act 4 hell or act 1 inferno(with a little skill you can flip on you MF gear right before the kill but I pref Hell to avoid this hassle). you will be finding a ton of blues to vendor and rares to sell on the AH or even some new gear for yourself.

Doing this should cut down your farm time drastically
Edited by Misk#1911 on 5/30/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can sit and tank act II mobs without any kiting, depending on what abilities they have. All you really need is about 6500 armor 650 resists and around 15000dps to kill nearly any champ pack there. With the increased damage rune on heal and blind you can reach around 40k dps and most mobs die at a reasonable pace.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]