Diablo® III

Does the Witchdoctor seem out of place?

After playing a little bit of every class, I have found that the Witchdoctor seems really out of place in this game, as if he doesn't belong at all.

Anyone else feel this way?
Reply Quote
i asked the witch doctor for his opinion, and all he said was "oo ee, oo ah ah. ting, tang, wadda wadda bing bang"
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Wolf
i asked the witch doctor for his opinion, and all he said was "oo ee, oo ah ah. ting, tang, wadda wadda bing bang"

Really? I asked one and he wouldn't stop trying to summon the ultra mega chicken.

Cookie to whoever catches the reference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ9dtZ8lYww
Reply Quote
Yes. Throwing frogs and snakes at people doesn't seem to fit. Cleave them in two with a longsword, or blow them up with a fireball, yes. Snake and frogs = no.
Reply Quote
ATHF
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Out of place as in the feel of the character doesn't fit the story? Or like the mechanics of the class? I actually really like the WD in regards to the first, a class that's involved in the world of spirits seem like a perfect hero for this kind of game. I am not 100% decided on their mechanics though (just started nightmare on my WD).
Reply Quote
Community Manager
After playing a little bit of every class, I have found that the Witchdoctor seems really out of place in this game, as if he doesn't belong at all

Interesting!

Are you referring to how the witch doctor looks (physical appearance + armor options) or how the hero interacts with other characters in the game and progresses with the story arc? Or is it all about gameplay, and what spells the witch doctor has in its arsenal?

This is just anecdotal, but I've experimented with all five classes on various genders, too, and the witch doctor (female) is my absolute favorite in terms of how she engages with the main the characters and responds to conflict, so I'm curious about what just doesn't "click" for you.

/eagerly waiting your response
Reply Quote
After playing a little bit of every class, I have found that the Witchdoctor seems really out of place in this game, as if he doesn't belong at all

Interesting!

Are you referring to how the witch doctor looks (physical appearance + armor options) or how the hero interacts with other characters in the game and progresses with the story arc? Or is it all about gameplay, and what spells the witch doctor has in its arsenal?

This is just anecdotal, but I've experimented with all five classes on various genders, too, and the witch doctor (female) is my absolute favorite in terms of how she engages with the main the characters and responds to conflict, so I'm curious about what just doesn't "click" for you.

Here's my response:

It doesn't feel right with the skills given and playstyle required at endgame inferno.
Reply Quote
Doesnt seem out of place when you consider act 3 of Diablo 2, Kurast.
Reply Quote
I find the Monk doesn't fit in the game. I don't like how the Witch Doctor appears but the spells are fine as well as interaction. I'd still prefer the Necromancer as raising a skeletal army along with replicates of enemies and cursing them/afflicting them with poison novas is more appealing to me.

But the Monk I simply do not like. Be it story, gameplay, or whatever else. Please bring the Paladin back in the future.
Reply Quote
I find the Monk doesn't fit in the game. I don't like how the Witch Doctor appears but the spells are fine as well as interaction. I'd still prefer the Necromancer as raising a skeletal army along with replicates of enemies and cursing them/afflicting them with poison novas is more appealing to me.

But the Monk I simply do not like. Be it story, gameplay, or whatever else. Please bring the Paladin back in the future.

Fem monk ftw what are you talking about?
Reply Quote

Interesting!

Supposed to be close range to use spells but is not tanky enough so you usually have to use spirit walk to get in close to use those close range abilities. The pets become negligible in Hell+ it seems. Mana is a much more frustrating resource than those of the other classes even though it is the same resource as D2 and other ARPGs. Half of the spells seem like jokes. Raining frogs? A tower of zombies that topple over onto enemies? Throwing Snakes and Jars of Spiders at people? Now, I'm not saying these are necessarily bad things but damn they seem out of place when the world is is in peril and you have Barbarians cleaving demons in half with giant swords while the WD is doing a rain dance to make frogs splatter over the ground.
Edited by pavi#1390 on 5/30/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The Witchdoctor is pretty awesome, I think it fits because in Diablo 2 act 3 you had all those Fetish Shaman guys and there has to be human people that live in the wilderness and study that type of magic.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Halfdead
It doesn't feel right with the skills given and playstyle required at endgame inferno.

You cant reach diablo 3 End game in the second week, sory but Diablo 3 is not meant to be rushed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]