Diablo® III

Does the Witchdoctor seem out of place?

I love frogs since I was little, so the ability to summon them drew me in to the witch doctor. The witch doctor's voodoo and summoning I think makes them suitable for a gothic dark fantasy style game but they do still seem an odd choice.

But if i were to pick an oddity I'd say its a little too much humor or Leah's over dramatic one liners.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=06oR0R9e-9s#t=175s
Edited by SuperMandrew#1798 on 7/24/2012 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
at first i thought "holy !@#$, a blue posting and actually communicating with the players"

then i saw the date...
Reply Quote
I gotta agree with the OP, WD is COMPLETELY out of place.
Reply Quote
I just want to know why the Monk's familiar is better than basically all WD pets combined.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/30/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Armisael
I have to sort of agree with the OP. All the classes feel very medieval, diablo-ish. Warrior, Rogue, Sorcerer, Sorceress, Amazon(which in name, doesn't, but in their style of using a bow like the rogue), Druid, Assassin, Paladin, Necromancer, Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Wizard, Monk...Witch Doctor. Just seems strange to me. Although I do think he is very unique, I do wish he was more fun to play(the mana resource is so annoying), as I think he is pretty cool in normal difficulty.

The religion of voodoo is thousands of years old, it may have not been well known of during the medieval times.

I find the Monk doesn't fit in the game. I don't like how the Witch Doctor appears but the spells are fine as well as interaction. I'd still prefer the Necromancer as raising a skeletal army along with replicates of enemies and cursing them/afflicting them with poison novas is more appealing to me.

But the Monk I simply do not like. Be it story, gameplay, or whatever else. Please bring the Paladin back in the future.

The monk seems to be patterned after the Shaolin Monks. Shaolin Monks go back to the beginning of the middle ages (medieval times). They might not have been well known in the rest of the world.
Reply Quote
I think the reason the WD is so frowned upon is because he was to replace the Necro. Now this has a nice new twist, but the pets are uselss out side of easy difficulties. Aslo some of his skills are not really interesting. I like the WD but I won't play it sinceI got mine to lvl 18 and noticed the major build flaws. I would like to be able to build a summoner with viable minions that scale with your char more finely tuned to.Aslo some of the skills don't match his char. Some being similar to having a Barb with raise dead. : P. anyway. I have a very well thought out and all the math to help balance this char tough countless hours of study math and playing the game. It is very indepth and has great scaling without any of those uintended OP builds. I put 2 months of work into it.
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Everdeath
I have a very well thought out and all the math to help balance this char tough countless hours of study math and playing the game. It is very indepth and has great scaling without any of those uintended OP builds. I put 2 months of work into it.

logged in to say im proud of you
Reply Quote
View profile
Sure its already been said but...

Heaps of posts about bugs and exploits and problems with the game.

And a CM replies to this thread... EAGERLY awaiting responses.

Wow at how fail this game / CM's are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]