Diablo® III

how much mf to do you run with

i've been farming act 1 inferno for 2 weeks now and up to the end of act 2... i've been running act 2 with 150% mf (with 5 stack) and can't seem to find anything useful or of value.. i've had so much more success in act 1 i'm curious to hear what you guys run with, and if you've had much luck in a2.
Edited by Verown#1654 on 5/31/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I definitely felt the same way when moving into act 2 from 1. I was finding tons of rares in act 1 but I was also running with 115mf before 75mf from stacks. Act 2 was difficult enough I had to drop the mf gear but I started keeping almost a full set of mf gear in my inventory and just switching it out before the final blow. Now I have about 250mf on switch and I am finding more in act 2, a lot of packs will drop 2 rares for me. The only reason that I am not finding as much in act 2 is it takes almost twice as long to kill champ packs.
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Sweens
I definitely felt the same way when moving into act 2 from 1. I was finding tons of rares in act 1 but I was also running with 115mf before 75mf from stacks. Act 2 was difficult enough I had to drop the mf gear but I started keeping almost a full set of mf gear in my inventory and just switching it out before the final blow. Now I have about 250mf on switch and I am finding more in act 2, a lot of packs will drop 2 rares for me. The only reason that I am not finding as much in act 2 is it takes almost twice as long to kill champ packs.

exactly... i hate swapping gear though = /
Reply Quote
Just something you gotta do if you want those drops.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Is there a way to quick-swap gear?
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
05/31/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Apocelypse

Do you mean quicker than double clicking the armor piece?
Edited by bbblame#1765 on 5/31/2012 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I never found it useful as the more magic find I have the more crap I get. I found the best items with 0 magic find and just use my 5 stacks as 75% is enough. I know there is something hidden in that stack set, to find rares. I had 210% with no stacks and rares are far and few between. But when I had 0 MF and 75% from the stacks it was raining rares.

But really TBH, I can not afford to have MF gear as a stat when I am struggling wtih act 2 as it is
Reply Quote
I've found Magdha runs to be the easiest in Act 2 (unless you can solo Belial). I usually go into the boss fights with 5 stacks and bring them down as low as I can then run away to switch to my mf gear (I lose 30k hp, 6k dmg, 400 resist, 2k armor). Then I pop wrath, ignore pain, and leap with 300% to finish him off.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
05/31/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Openspace

Do you mean quicker than double clicking the armor piece?

-.-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]