Diablo® III

Stat Breakdown

I see a lot of topics regarding skill/rune breakdowns and what stats to stack on DH. What i would like to figure out is how much 1 point in a stat translate to the effect of that stat. For example, how much life increase do you get from 1 point in VIT or how much dmg increase do you get from 1 point in DEX?
Reply Quote
The main stats like dex, vit, str etc.. Just hold your mouse over them in the character window and you'll see precisely how much they give you.

From my personal mathclub i've calculated that atk speed is somewhere between 2-3 times better than crit damage. Meaning a 15% atk speed ring will be better than a 30% crit dmg, but 50% crit dmg will be better than 20% atk speed.

This is purely raw dps though, it all depends on your playstyle what you benefit from the most. Do you play with a tank? Slow huge hitting missiles = the win, or do you kite everything, then atk speed wil win when you can get a few extra shots off every kitestop.
Reply Quote
The main stats like dex, vit, str etc.. Just hold your mouse over them in the character window and you'll see precisely how much they give you.

From my personal mathclub i've calculated that atk speed is somewhere between 2-3 times better than crit damage. Meaning a 15% atk speed ring will be better than a 30% crit dmg, but 50% crit dmg will be better than 20% atk speed.

This is purely raw dps though, it all depends on your playstyle what you benefit from the most. Do you play with a tank? Slow huge hitting missiles = the win, or do you kite everything, then atk speed wil win when you can get a few extra shots off every kitestop.

Well you didn't take into account how crit damage is highly dependent upon your critical hit chance. If you start to massively stack critical hit chance, and get up to say 50-60% critical hit chance, then critical hit damage becomes a complete monster in terms of damage. And this is useful because on an amulet you can get up to 65% critical hit damage, while attack speed is capped at 17%, so you actually get way more of an increase from criticals
Reply Quote

Well you didn't take into account how crit damage is highly dependent upon your critical hit chance. If you start to massively stack critical hit chance, and get up to say 50-60% critical hit chance, then critical hit damage becomes a complete monster in terms of damage. And this is useful because on an amulet you can get up to 65% critical hit damage, while attack speed is capped at 17%, so you actually get way more of an increase from criticals

You are of course correct, but i have yet to see a demon hunter spec without sharpshooter, meaning you should be running an average of 50-60% crit.
Reply Quote
Attack Speed is also weighted by kiting and not being able to fully take advantage of your attack speed (if you have a really high amount).

DEX is the most linear and most reliable DPS increase, and affects every source of damage we have. The others are more statistical in nature, and don't always effect everything (attack speed has no bearing on things like Rain of Vengeance or Caltrops, etc).
Reply Quote
Im currently a Dh farming inferno act3 easily not specced sharpshooter,

I have 52k damage, with 49% crit, 223% crit hit damage - so i don't need it.

i am using a 1h crossbow, mainly for the crit bonus, and the base attack speed is enough increase for me. If my auction bids come in ill be at about 54% crit.
Reply Quote
Don't forget stacking Dex increases your dodge. I can't count how many times dodge has saved my life.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]