Diablo® III

Auction House Weapon Damage

So I just listed a staff on the AH. It is 66.0 damage with a perfect ruby socketed. The AH is only displaying it as 54.6 damage. I assume the AH does not take into account gem modifiers when displaying an item's stats, then?

Are there any other modifiers the AH ignores when displaying the item's damage? This info would be useful for both buying and selling.

I assume when you're looking at the weapon in your own inventory, all damage modifiers are taken into account when calculating its damage, but stats (like +dex for monks) are not.
Reply Quote
I haven't paid a lot of attention to the auction house yet, but you're probably right about character stats. An item in your inventory will probably reflect your character's stats in the damage rating, or final DPS. Not sure though. On the other hand, the auction house seems to let your search for items for a specific character, so it may take their stats into account if you do that. I'm only taking guesses here though.
Reply Quote
Anyone able to confirm these observations?
Reply Quote
I'm really looking for an answer to this aswell.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
I can vouch for the gems not being included in the damage, and it's a good call on Blizz's part so we don't have to socket rubies into everything just to list them on the AH.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Maelzan
I can vouch for the gems not being included in the damage, and it's a good call on Blizz's part so we don't have to socket rubies into everything just to list them on the AH.

I'll double that, the bonus damage from the gem does not appear to be included when you sort by dps. It may however show the item higher when you sort them, ie

dps
89 <---ruby socketed
Reply Quote
It is a simple concept once you figure it out. This is how it works:

The rubies are not shown as the dps, however IT IS figured into the dps when listed on the AH. For example you see the list in the AH.

96-ruby
102-ruby
96-ruby
97-ruby

But the rubies aren't even in order? How does this work?

When looking closer:
1st 96 (ruby that gives 13-26 damage.. (about a +20 average so its dps is ~116))
102 (ruby that gives 4-8 damage.. (+6 average so its dps is 108))
2nd 96 (ruby that gives 4-8 damage (+6 average so its dps is 102))
97 (ruby that gives 2-4 damage.. (+3 average so its dps is 100))

Hopefully you can follow this and know now where your 'item' will fall in the AH. (Just take the average damage of your ruby add it to the dps of your weapon then do the same with the ones on the AH to find exactly where yours will be.) This works with all gems.. for instance dexterity gems in pants. (However know that pants are always sorted by armor first then your wanted 'ability')
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]