Diablo® III

Graphics Card Question

Easy question. I'm buying a new laptop with the graphics card listed below. Does D3 support it?

nVidia® NVS™ 4200M 512MB DDR3 Discrete Graphics

Thank you.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4904340741

Also, I strongly suggest NOT gaming on a laptop. I know many people do it but it is ill advised contrary to manufacturer statements about their hardware.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4904340741

Also, I strongly suggest NOT gaming on a laptop. I know many people do it but it is ill advised contrary to manufacturer statements about their hardware.

I'm stuck with the laptop; I don't have a desktop. While I appreciate the response, I'm pretty ignorant with computers. I just like games. To my eyes, I posted Chinese in my OP.

A simple yes or no would be really appreciated in response to my original question.

nVidia® NVS™ 4200M 512MB DDR3 Discrete Graphics - Yes or no?
Reply Quote
Yes, it will work. I use this currently to play D3. Although I have to turn the resolution down to 1024x768 and most settings to low to get 25 fps
Reply Quote
I also have the same video card and got Diablo to play from 15-20FPS to 50 FPS. I ended up going into the BIOS and unchecking the enable OPTIMUS option. I downloaded the latest nvidia graphics drivers from the nvidia site (296.35-quadro-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe). I changed all Diablo video settings to low or off and changed the resolution from 1920 x 1080 to something lower. Hope this helps, you may be able to improve this more by playing around with the settings. I didn't want to mess with this anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]