Diablo® III

the witch doctor dogs are to weak?

12 Draenei Shaman
hello i am leveling a witch doctor i love that i think the damage and the utility is fine i am level 18 i also have a 32 i think the zombie dogs are bad, but the big zombie and other summoning spells are fine. blizzard u have always done fine with pet classes but whats with this please buff these dogs and armor i would really appreciate it, i enjoy the class a lot same with wizards but does anyone agree.
Reply Quote
You can buff the dogs yourself with the fierce loyalty passive. Besides that, yes the dogs are weak. You shouldn't consider them as tanks anymore once you re past normal, consider them as pets with a 60s lifespawn. But in those 60 s they allow you to do dmg and distract mobs from you

If you re having trouble try one of the help guide posts here on the forum, I just made 1 too http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5235395338?page=1#2
Edited by Munin#1320 on 5/20/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
consider them as pets with an 8s lifespawn
Fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
There might be some utility to be found in life linked/final gift dogs and the wealth of skills to the summon extra dogs (paranoia rune, big bad vodoo rune; circle of life passive) to make your doctor tankier/provide health for you and your party.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Rosefist
consider them as pets with an 8s lifespawn
Fixed that for you.

He clearly meant you can only summon them once a minute. Wowtard.
Reply Quote
They don't do much damage, but they are a good distraction for enemies. The enemies fight the dogs while you kill them from afar. That is how I use them and it works well for me.
Reply Quote
All summons scale with your hp, armor, dmg, etc. That is why lots of WDs who relies on summons tend to run a shield instead of a mojo, because it helps his summons tank a lot more.
If you have more vit+armor, I think the dogs would be a lot more useful, won't have as much damage, but will tank a lot more so you can do the damage.
Reply Quote
playing them in anything other than normal is pretty much useless. WD has plenty of skill to take on big mobs but against champions or mini bosses you're screwed, i use the 4 dogs as bombs with health globe drop and chance to respawn but even then they don't do much damage to justify the long cooldown. in a boss fight like belial or whatever it's called where there isn't much room to run, you're really srewed. WD has all of the negatives of the wizard but none of the positive
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:27 PMPosted by DragoAskani
Fixed that for you.

He clearly meant you can only summon them once a minute. Wowtard.

What he said did not make sense. Dogs do not have a 60 second life spawn. they die far faster then that. Their cooldown is 60 seconds.

Dogs don't give 60 seconds of anything but vision quest cooldown after normal.
Reply Quote
Even once I got into act II on normal they started to become useless. I swapped them out for the AoE fear and haven't looked back since.
The gargantuan seems pretty nice though. Rarely dies for me.
Reply Quote
I stopped using them since I got my big zombie... Not worth having them around.
Reply Quote

The gargantuan seems pretty nice though. Rarely dies for me.

Oh, believe me, he will.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]