Diablo® III

diablo 3 slowmotion

i have a Clevo P150HM for malibal with a gpu 6990m ...
when i play diablo 3 or starcraft 2 it sometimes runs in slow motion like every thing moves X2 slower than it normality does ..restarting the laptop sometimes fixes the problem..it also happens on my windows 7 aero theme closing and opening animation of windows seams laggy restarting the laptop sometimes works to fix fix the problem..using basic windows theme also gets rid of the lag. i tried installing the latest ccc but didnt help..also the problem only happens after turning on the laptop i could play all day and the game would run smoothly..
Edited by otacon#1571 on 5/20/2012 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hi all,

i have been waiting a long time for diablo III but im very sad since i got it.
i can play but my computer is slowing the game. I have tryied a lott of settings but nothing helped. I want to play the game in normal mode. What is wrong with my laptop? Other games are ok without problems.

PLEASEEEEE HELLLPPPPPP
Reply Quote
when i play diablo 3 or starcraft 2 it sometimes runs in slow motion like every thing moves X2 slower than it normality does ..restarting the laptop sometimes fixes the problem..it also happens on my windows 7 aero theme closing and opening animation of windows seams laggy restarting the laptop sometimes works to fix fix the problem..using basic windows theme also gets rid of the lag. i tried installing the latest ccc but didnt help..also the problem only happens after turning on the laptop i could play all day and the game would run smoothly..

I am surprised you are having frame rate issues... how old is your laptop? If its a few years old, you may want to make sure you have plenty of free hard drive space, maybe run some virus scans and defrag your hard drive.

Also note that sometimes the game can run really slow due to the "server" you are on when you play the game. If you look at the bottom right of your screen in game you should see a small bar to the right of your skills. It shows 3 colors, green, yellow and red. Green is good, yellow is meh.. red is bad. Sometimes when I am playing the server will switch and suddenly it lags sooo bad. Just leave game and re enter a new one, check the latency to see if its at least green. Blizzard is still working on the servers to help optimize and make them faster..

Also sometimes the game can lag if your in Hell difficulty on Act 3 and there are just a TON of monsters on screen... dont worry that happens to me and my friends too and i got a decent rig myself.

But if its just your computer and it slows down in other games you play, it could be your computer.. In my opinion (if I am looking up the right model for your laptop) the specs are pretty good and shouldn't really have any issues with frame rate especially with an ATI 6990m.. It could also be your laptop is getting hot, make sure you have plenty of air flow around it.. I dont know so any feedback would help..

I linked a picture (sorry I had to google one)
http://s16.postimage.org/8bvaob5md/diablo_3_lag.png
I circled the latency bar.
Yes I am using MS-paint... lol donte hate.
Reply Quote
hi all,

i have been waiting a long time for diablo III but im very sad since i got it.
i can play but my computer is slowing the game. I have tryied a lott of settings but nothing helped. I want to play the game in normal mode. What is wrong with my laptop? Other games are ok without problems.

PLEASEEEEE HELLLPPPPPP

Can you give laptop specs? Also different games require different hardware to run them.. the more info you have the more help people can give..
Reply Quote
I have a hp pavillion slimlime 64 with windows vista and my video card is a gforce 6150se n force and i have resoultion on 800x600 and it still is in slow motion. Help please? I paid 60 dollers for this
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 11:50 AMPosted by BrentGerman
I have a hp pavillion slimlime 64 with windows vista and my video card is a gforce 6150se n force and i have resoultion on 800x600 and it still is in slow motion. Help please? I paid 60 dollers for this

Its your hardware that is an issue..

Please refer to this post to see what your computer needs to run the the game.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4365746905
Reply Quote
Hi,
I'm running an Acer laptop - i3 350M processor, 4GB RAM, but only Intel HD graphics card... this is why I play in slow motion? or can I make other ingame changes perhaps? (besides everything set to minimal requirement?)
Reply Quote
I had a slow-motion effect when I was playing. I had two 9800GTs and the PhysX was set to the second 9800GT in the Nvidia control panel. I changed the PhysX processor to the CPU and that fixed my slow motion problems.

I didn't see what video card you had but if you have Nvidia maybe you can try switching it from the GPU to the CPU.
Reply Quote

I am surprised you are having frame rate issues... how old is your laptop? If its a few years old, you may want to make sure you have plenty of free hard drive space, maybe run some virus scans and defrag your hard drive.

Also note that sometimes the game can run really slow due to the "server" you are on when you play the game. If you look at the bottom right of your screen in game you should see a small bar to the right of your skills. It shows 3 colors, green, yellow and red. Green is good, yellow is meh.. red is bad. Sometimes when I am playing the server will switch and suddenly it lags sooo bad. Just leave game and re enter a new one, check the latency to see if its at least green. Blizzard is still working on the servers to help optimize and make them faster..

Also sometimes the game can lag if your in Hell difficulty on Act 3 and there are just a TON of monsters on screen... dont worry that happens to me and my friends too and i got a decent rig myself.

But if its just your computer and it slows down in other games you play, it could be your computer.. In my opinion (if I am looking up the right model for your laptop) the specs are pretty good and shouldn't really have any issues with frame rate especially with an ATI 6990m.. It could also be your laptop is getting hot, make sure you have plenty of air flow around it.. I dont know so any feedback would help..

I linked a picture (sorry I had to google one)
http://s16.postimage.org/8bvaob5md/diablo_3_lag.png
I circled the latency bar.
Yes I am using MS-paint... lol donte hate.

its weird it only happen on blizzard games sc 2 and diablo 3... moderwarfare 3 runs fine ...my latency is is green and it does not look like its fps problem and temp seems fine around 79- 86C when gaming hard drive is only 1/3 used. the game runs in slow motion kinda like matrix slow motion or your all ways on slow time it does not loo like its running on low frame rate it looks like the your toon is moving X3 slower than it normal does.. turning off the computer for 5 min or more causes the problem when you turn it on diablo and sc2 runs in slow motion restarting the compter fixs the problem...
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 11:26 PMPosted by otacon
moderwarfare 3 runs fine

The reason your video card isn't working hard for you on good games is because you force it to play bad games, like the above quoted...
Reply Quote
For everyone blaming hardware, i have a 6 month old 4000$ alienware laptop with 2 video cards in SLI, hybrid solid state drive, lots of RAM etc. I too get slow down that doesn't clear up til i reboot. Something is definitely wrong with D3 specifically, and I would bet the problem is it's leaking resources of some kind. It has happened in lots of different places, but I notice it seems to come up more when in the spider caves. Once it happens, it seems to get stuck that way until reboot, even if i go back to town, or even exit to the main menu! I don't experience anything like this in any other game. There is definitely something wrong with d3, i hope they fix it soon.
Edited by Atrix256#1463 on 9/3/2012 11:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Yesh, I've noticed this both in D3 and SC2. I can run many other current games fine but I'll have this problem too. Especially when I'm playing competitively in SC2. I get these moments of lag and I end up losing critical battles or harasses. Since then, I've quit SC2. Diablo 3 I have infinite lives so I just run back. A little annoyed but I just run back.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem on my laptop. I've noticed this kind of trend though with systems that used either only an integrated gpu or a combination of dedicated/integrated with particular games. (Source engine, and blizzard games for the most part) I would guess it has to do with poor resource allocation, and we can only use temp fixes until engines address this. =(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]