Diablo® III

Solo vs Multiplayer drops

I've noticed that I seem to get significantly better drops playing solo than I do playing with a group.

It might have to do with sharing my magic find (Only about 30%), but I'm curious if anyone else notices a similar pattern.

Also, I have yet to get anything but blues from bosses in Nightmare (Currently act 2 ). Is that normal?
Reply Quote
It does not matter solo or group, you will get the same amount of items unless you get lucky and get in a group with someone who is stacking mf.
Bosses in NM and up no longer drop the 2 or 3 rares like they did in normal for the first time kill.
Reply Quote
It does not matter solo or group, you will get the same amount of items unless you get lucky and get in a group with someone who is stacking mf.
Bosses in NM and up no longer drop the 2 or 3 rares like they did in normal for the first time kill.

Wrong. It totally matters if you're in a party or not. It can both hurt AND help you, depending on your team.

Read:

http://www.diablowiki.net/Magic_find

Magic find is averaged across the party, so if you end up with a full party with everybody else with absolutely NO magic find, you are effectively lowering your own chances of drops.

MF never had any effect on the NUMBER of drops, just the quality of the items that were dropped.
Reply Quote
and ofcourse if you have your entire party stacking mf and say all have 115-120 then stack valor buffs it will absolutely be beneficial because instead of just items droping for you at what 180mf ? now you've got 180mf for 4 characters so 4 times the items are going to drop.

If you had 180mf valor stacked and your homies had 80 however , it'd be a serious detriment regardless of how many items dropped because you'd average around 100 less mf
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]