Diablo® III

Wizard overall damage?

I see posts about the Wizard not doing as much damage as the Demon Hunter. Shouldn't we do more as Wizards are true "glass cannons"?
Reply Quote
I do a lot of dmg myself, it all depends on gear and stats, i find that giving up intel for DMG or Attack speed can help. Also if you use dmg buff spells. I play with a friend who has a barb so i can just go full out DPS mode. and am pushing 2077 currently
Reply Quote
I have 24k damage... we kick butt I promise :)
Reply Quote
I don't know what the actual design plan is for each of the characters, but the idea of the "glass cannon" is a bit outdated. In other games, Warcraft and SWTOR come to mind, they tried to achieve more of a balance where you could solo with any class, or do a different equipment or skill build to maximize dps or survivability. I don't think we can just say one class is the "dps class" anymore in most games.
Reply Quote
I think at lvl 33 I'm better than a DH, I can 'tank'
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 09:20 AMPosted by LordBafford
I do a lot of dmg myself

I do 2.2k DPS at level 43 myself, which I know isn't too good. But the question was how our damage is compared to DHers.

05/21/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Aiax
I think at lvl 33 I'm better than a DH, I can 'tank'

Try that in Inferno.

05/21/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Dennerman
Warcraft and SWTOR

This isn't an MMO.

05/21/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Surandra
I have 24k damage... we kick butt I promise :)

Compared to DH?...
Reply Quote
lol romer he didnt say it was he was just making a comparison

you seem uptight
Reply Quote
THIS ISNT AN MMO YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANY GAME THAT IS AN MMO YOU'RE POINT IS NULL. /sarcasm

tl;dr romer !@#$ and gtfo
Reply Quote
Pretty sure demon hunters are actually more glass cannons than wizards. We have pretty amazing getaway/defensive abilities.
Reply Quote
how can u check ur overall damage?
Reply Quote
Press "I" in game and it will show your charc screen with stats to the left of your charc.
Reply Quote
so that damage amount is for all spells or equiped spells? im confused d2 was alot eaiser to determine haha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]