Diablo® III

Can someone explain why 2 Hand wep are better

Im seeing everyone saying to go for a 1k damage 2h wep with attack speed. What advantage does this have over a 1H + a source offhand?

Also, why go attack speed? wouldent attack speed be figured ito the posted DPS of the weapon?
Reply Quote
because 2h weapons generally deal more damage than 1h + offhand source (similar lvl req, similar AH cost). AS is important because although DPS is the same, DPAP (damage per arcane power) is not, and since many spells cost a lot of AP, maximizing single hit damage is more AP efficient
Reply Quote
When you have 0 +attack speed, attack speed is basically a raw multiplicative scaling of your effective dps. Since you already have a lot of int, adding a point of int only increases your DPS by a small bit, since you're going from, say 900% increased damage to 901% increased damage. But 1 point of attack speed is scaling that entire 900% increased damage to 990% increased damage. The formula is:

DPS = (weapon damage + damage modifiers) x (1 + int/100) x (1 + attack speed)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It's simple.

Slower attack speed gives you harder nukes with less AP drain.
Reply Quote
From what I understand, most of Wizzard's skill damage is based on the weapon damage, therefore with the weapon damage, therefore with a high weapon damage you can get better damage off your abilities. However with 1 hand + off hand, you can make up the damage loss from the weapon by the int from the off hand, and you get more (primary) attacks.
The benefit of more primary attacks are that some of the abilities makes it regenerate arcane power, now with a 2H with attack speed, you kindda get the 2 good side in 1.
Respectively, you can also get a 1h weapon that has "+damage" on it. but wait, there's some 2h weapon that has +damage and +speed!
Reply Quote
Guess i know what i need to buy when servers come up..... just bought a nice 500dps 1hand. =(
Reply Quote
It's simple.

On the other hand, 1H gives you faster spell casts which allow for better kiting (also better Arcane Recovery on signatures).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It's simple.

On the other hand, 1H gives you faster spell casts which allow for better kiting (also better Arcane Recovery on signatures).

It's a matter of preference which route you want to take. I have no problem at all and I rarely die using this build with a 2h weapon.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#clXROj!XfU!YbZaYY

Hell, I rarely get hit and when I do get it it's because I did something stupid.

Though I suppose if you're trying to kite enemies without making them crawl then a 1h / OH combo might be a little better.
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 5/22/2012 2:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]