Diablo® III

Another ''Monks Blow'' and ''Reroll to What''

My history before you guys flame me like the other OPs.

I'm one of the first monks to hit level 60 and got to inferno. How do I know? Red Bull and me solo'ing it all the way to and halfway thru inferno because playing with others just slowed me down. Probably one of the first 20 monks to get there and one of the firsts to ''show'' other ppl the "BoP spirit spam thru everything and absorb absorb, not take damage.''

"AND YES I WAS IN A TOP 20 WORLD GUILD IN WOW SO I KNOW NOT TO STAND IN POISON/FIRE AND DARGONHALION-LIKE MOVING PURPLE LASER GUMMY BEAR BEAMS AND KNOW TO HIT-AND-RUN WHILE TURNING ON SERENITY TO BUILD SOME SPIRIT IN THAT LITTLE AMOUNT OF TIME WHILE IT'S UP SO I DONT GET ONE-SHOT THEN RUN LIKE A NOOB-DEATHKNIGHT WHILE I RECAST MY PET AND SEND IT SO THEY GET DISTRACTED WHILE I RUN WAITING FOR ANOTHER SERENITY COOLDOWN SO I CAN ATTACK LIKE A ROGUE WITH CD KILLING HEROIC ANUB'S LAST .1% AND GETTING SERVER 1ST W/OUT DYING.'' Sarcasm with truth against rares/elites hitting inferno Act II.

Please do not reply if you're not even in at least inferno ACT 2 and have solo'd Mahgda on a melee. Gtfo if you're thinking on criticizing my monk-kiting-dont-get-hit-by-@#$%-skill. Solo mahda on a monk inferno 2 then you get to talk. (For the monks wondering what skills I had turned on, yes it's doable but the fight literally took me 2 hrs of dying with 10 or so attempts lasting at least a couple of mins and thank god there's no enrage like Butcher. Not gonna go into details but just sayin, recasting pet is a good distraction for the adds. Instead of Mantra Healing with Boonshield since we monks know it's not viable anymore on inferno, use spirit so your spirit is going up while you're running around kiting and waiting for serenity cd for the adds and Mahda as you keep recasting pet after it dies a million times. Don't go in melee range with magda unless youre going to be behind her with your follower or pet distracting her as they gets one-shotted giving you a 1 second hit-n-run window [must have quick reflex or you're dead when she faces you and breaths] then going in again melee range with serenity and running off. The adds are easier to hit-n-run even with no serenity since their weapons get stuck on the floor. This is not the only way for a monk to solo Mahgda inferno, but this is what I did. It was hard. It took a long time. I'm sure this is not the best way to do it. But this is what I did. Tip, dont even waste your time. Get a friend wizard and rollface her inferno. I did her again after I solo'd her with a friend and @#$%, ez with range.)

Before you talk about my gear, solo'ing Butcher on inferno is a good gear check as well especially for a melee. (For the monks wondering how I beat the floor timer, 600+ weps, dex gems/gear, go full damage with healing mantra and shield and using serenity as o-sh1t button. His deadliest attacks are all avoidable. If he pulls you while he's standing on fire, dont even use that as an excuse. That's also avoidable. Never run ''away'' from him while you're not in melee range, you'll get caught by chain. Run around him clockwise or whatever with him being the center of the clock. Just never ''away'' from him and gg. Also, running toward him as he's charging the wall will give you less dps loss right away you get out of his way. For the wow-dudes, think of the white king-kong boss in Heroic-Toc charge. The less time you're running around, the more dps you do. Took me less than 20 short tries. Lesser of a headache than Mahgda. She felt like long end-game boss that took forever for 1 solid attempt only to die again. Mahgda was lesser attempts, but long ones with my method). I also have mf-gear and I've been farming, obviously. I know my @#$%. So don't even talk about my gear. Seriously, don't even reply.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was, I'm rerolling to wizard because wizards are overpowered and monks suck at inferno. Gets one/two-shot by every elite's normal attack and can't even get near them to generate spirit via attack. Trying the kite with healing mantra with spirit and keep recasting pet while kiting is also dumb and is too low damage. Even so, just a monk ''kiting'' is dumb. Monk is a melee. Not kiter, nuff said.

What made me decide to reroll? This wizard friend I have that I used to play with on WoW that got kicked off my guild since he kept dying to stupid @#$% got to Prime Evil Inferno while I'm still half-way Act 2 Inferno and me reaching Inferno at least 9 hours before he did. This guy got hit by Lich King's defile all the time on heroic causing everyone to get off the platform, so I swear he's mediocre. Ya. F dat broskis.

Why I made this post? Just wanted to add to the MONKS NEED CHANGES posts.

Til then, REROLL.

::edit. I also know this game is not WoW. Again, don't even reply.::
Edited by Apollo on 5/22/2012 3:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I toldly agree with this..monk needs a change...i can barely get thru act 2 and it takes too long and painful hrs of farming to get the gears with monks its a waste of time..
Reply Quote
Completely agreed with you, ACT2 is a joke
Reply Quote
I could try a wizard and see how it goes, I got past maghda in about 5-10 min on Infero with my monk but here's my stats

62k hp
68% damage reduction
66% resistance to all
20% block 1500-2k
32% dodge
9k dps
~300 natural life regen
~550 life on hit

How does this compare to what your monk has? Im shooting for 75% damage reduction/reists and 70k hp with at least 33.3% dodge and about 15k-20k dps
Reply Quote
::edit. Sentence removed since I decided not to be mean.::

Maghda took me less time than that with less stats and one-shot-like hp. Honestly, you only need 1hp for Magda if you do it like how a Korean would. I remember changing my gear to lessen my vitality to compensate for the hit-n-run maneuver and went max dps.

Edited by Apollo on 5/22/2012 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
omg .. too much of that RED BULL really isn't good on you. lol.
Reply Quote
I could try a wizard and see how it goes, I got past maghda in about 5-10 min on Infero with my monk but here's my stats

62k hp
68% damage reduction
66% resistance to all
20% block 1500-2k
32% dodge
9k dps
~300 natural life regen
~550 life on hit

How does this compare to what your monk has? Im shooting for 75% damage reduction/reists and 70k hp with at least 33.3% dodge and about 15k-20k dps

Maghda took me less time than that with less stats and one-shot-like hp. Honestly, you only need 1hp for Magda if you do it like how a Korean would. I remember changing my gear to lessen my vitality to compensate for the hit-n-run maneuver and went max dps.

Haha, we all know to take stats like this and reduce them by at least 30%...
Reply Quote

I'm a monk and I've solo'd to Belial on Inferno. I didn't even raid extensively in WoW or play Diablo 1/2, because you seem to think this matters in Diablo 3 (?). Why is it that I can do Act 2 and you can't?

Hmmmm, I wonder.

Please, do re-roll. Then you'll be in the Wizard forum and not this one.

Kidding me? It took me 4 tries to succesfully solo Belial. He was joke compared to Mahgda as a monk that's why I didn't even bother to include him. Belial, you can at least take the damage. People just laughed at you. Don't talk bro.

Just got a message from someone asking if they could copy and render my apparently good how-to solo strategy on Mahgda and Butcher for their monk website. For everyone else, copy and butcher it. Don't give a sh1t.
Edited by Apollo on 5/22/2012 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes lol Belial, you can take the damage. It's not one or two-shot. Mahgda, you can't. Simple. Don't talk, bro. Don't talk. You'll see when you attempt him. Trust me.
Edited by Apollo on 5/22/2012 4:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:17 AMPosted by Apollo
"AND YES I WAS IN A TOP 20 WORLD GUILD IN WOW SO I KNOW NOT TO STAND IN POISON/FIRE AND DARGONHALION-LIKE MOVING PURPLE LASER GUMMY BEAR BEAMS AND KNOW TO HIT-AND-RUN WHILE TURNING ON SERENITY TO BUILD SOME SPIRIT IN THAT LITTLE AMOUNT OF TIME WHILE IT'S UP SO I DONT GET ONE-SHOT THEN RUN LIKE A NOOB-DEATHKNIGHT WHILE I RECAST MY PET AND SEND IT SO THEY GET DISTRACTED WHILE I RUN WAITING FOR ANOTHER SERENITY COOLDOWN SO I CAN ATTACK LIKE A ROGUE WITH CD KILLING HEROIC ANUB'S LAST .1% AND GETTING SERVER 1ST W/OUT DYING.'' Sarcasm with truth against rares/elites hitting inferno Act II.

Cool Story Bro.

My favorite part was when you typed in all caps.
Reply Quote
Another typical story of " I need the best class" here. Cant stand the heat, get out the kitchin beotch. I hear the wizard/Demon Hunter forums are recruiting angry / repressed Monk players. lol.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior

Cool Story Bro.

My favorite part was when you typed in all caps.

it was obviously sarcastic history on wow remark to the trolls trolling the posters saying theyre in top 20 world guilds lol funny referrence on heroic ToC hahaha
Edited by Förseti on 5/22/2012 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My favorite part was when he referenced wow heroics as his "I'm pro" credentials. What a flippin joke. There hasn't been anything hard in WoW since the Burning Crusade expansion...
Reply Quote
that's actually how i solo'd maghda. belial was a joke compared to her. as melee

i solo'd most of inferno only to realize what a waste of time and skill when ppl with less skill playing wizards and rolling thru them

agreed. i mean, why bother doing effort when ppl with other classes are going further with more ease?

don't care if it's another ''i need the best class''. what op is trying to say is why bother doing Inferno on hard-mode (melee) if wizards can do Inferno on ez mode and you get the same chances of loot lol

Agree.
Edited by Jen#1455 on 5/22/2012 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Peli
My favorite part was when he referenced wow heroics as his "I'm pro" credentials. What a flippin joke. There hasn't been anything hard in WoW since the Burning Crusade expansion...

if you actually read it, he was making fun of all the wow-ppl that keeps complaining about monk then saying theyre in top world 20 guilds on wow lol
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 04:37 AMPosted by Peli

;D

I think a lot of WoWers that come into D3 are fooled with the customization options, thinking everything is and will be viable. D3 is designed so that the encounter with a rare pack defines how you spec, not the other way around (spec defines how you kill the rare pack). The deeper one gets to inferno, the more gear swapping and respeccing one has to do. That's where the challenge comes from.

I'm kind of afraid that they will dumb down D3 for the WoW mass eventually. :(

And by the way, what comes to the "must wear a shield" mantra that's being cast too frequently here - It's not as black and white as that. Learn about diminishing returns and compare items to the whole set of stats you have to work with.
Edited by Iphigenia#2240 on 5/22/2012 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]