Diablo® III

Change Force Armor for 45 sec cooldown

Just make the Force Armor 35% max dmg intake the same as the monk revive passive and have it function once every 90 seconds.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
And your alternative build for inferno for a wizard is...?
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
"Hey I've got an idea, lets fix this by making Wizards unable to play the game after beating Hell mode!"

I'm glad you're not a game designer.

Real solution: Internal cooldown on Critical Mass with a larger cooldown reduction per proc. Buff for normal players, nerf for players using the cheese. Meanwhile Force Armor remains intact and Wizards aren't useless.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Gunster

Agreed, if you take away force armor, you're pretty much eliminating the wizards ability to solo...at all.
Reply Quote
Not sure if srs, lmao.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
05/22/2012 09:12 AMPosted by JSquiggle

Agreed, if you take away force armor, you're pretty much eliminating the wizards ability to solo...at all.

Plus it wouldn't solve the REAL overpoweredness: The ability to chain frost-nova mobs in a group situation. Even without FA equipped, you can still proc a ton of crits and chain Frost-Nova.

People obsess over this Force Armor/Tanking thing, and say nothing about Frost Nova. Why is that?
Reply Quote
So lets take a look at your suggestion. Right now, at lv 57, hell difficulty, I have almost 19k health. I get hit for around 7k without Force Armor. I have higher than average health right now. So if a group of 3 champions hit me, I'm dead. That 35% allows me to take 4 hits instead, which doens't help all that much, but it might allow me to pop off my diamond armor. And yet you're complaining. If you have that much of a problem with those wizards running around with low health, then how about you nerf health regen instead of an actual skill.
Reply Quote
Just make the Force Armor 35% max dmg intake the same as the monk revive passive and have it function once every 90 seconds.

Problem solved.

Sure let's make it just like the Monk passive. But if we do that, let's give Wizards 30% passive damage reduction just like Monks. Fair is fair.
Reply Quote
That nerfs all classes, not just wizards. The build that people are using for bosses is completely different than the build that people are using for champion packs. Only light has been shed on the boss killing build, which is far less overpowered than the other one.

There is a post on the second page entitled "Wizards OP" that highlights it.
Reply Quote
How about let's fix other classes so they don't die in one hit from Inferno Act 2 and above. That sounds better to me.
Reply Quote
90s is pushing it.

All you need to do to break it, is put a very short internal cooldown on how often Force Armor can absorb a 35%+ attack.

05/22/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Byteflux
How about let's fix other classes so they don't die in one hit from Inferno Act 2 and above. That sounds better to me.

Try being less terrible.

With the exception of this abused mechanic, most classes die very quickly. If you want to whine about the "ranged advantage", then roll a ranged, and shut up.

Right now, at lv 57, hell difficulty, I have almost 19k health. I get hit for around 7k without Force Armor.

How do you people even manage?

57, Hell, 19k health?>

Seriously? No wonder you guys think this game is too hard, that you need to use this technique in order to survive.
Edited by Seraphi#1863 on 5/22/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Gunster

Play how it was intended, do the Barbarian or go play in Hell because you are not geared for Inferno.
Reply Quote
"Hey I've got an idea, lets fix this by making Wizards unable to play the game after beating Hell mode!"

I'm glad you're not a game designer.

Real solution: Internal cooldown on Critical Mass with a larger cooldown reduction per proc. Buff for normal players, nerf for players using the cheese. Meanwhile Force Armor remains intact and Wizards aren't useless.

Inferno is D3's equivalent of Uber Tristram... you're telling me you can do Uber Tristram right after Hell A5? I call BS.
Reply Quote

Problem solved.

Sure let's make it just like the Monk passive. But if we do that, let's give Wizards 30% passive damage reduction just like Monks. Fair is fair.

And what, give Monks magic missiles?
Reply Quote
force armor is not the problem. crystal shell + critical mass is

critical mass seems broken, even vs a single mob you can cast shell once or twice a second
Edited by bone#2963 on 5/22/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if blizzard nerfs this because of you wizards running pure int and whining force armor doesn't protect you, I have nothing to say cept you guys are horrible players that don't deserve to play this game.

get your HP up like a normal build you fools. stop whining and build your character correctly.

I'm in A4nm and I have 18k. I still get 4 shot if I'm not careful.
Edited by LANCELOT3#1665 on 5/22/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]