Diablo® III

Monk isn't a tank, stop playing it like one.

So I've been messing around trying to find a good Damage build that I can use for grinding and leveling and whatnot.

Here is what I've come up with:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bWgXVk!Xgd!caabca

TIP: Spent 60k gold on a pole-arm in the AH that increased my damage from 3500 to about 8000, 10000 on bosses and in a party. Worth it :)

You should know to switch out the rune on exploding palm for boss fights, use "The Flesh is Weak" (This is especially good if you're in a party, as it also increases damage dealt from attacks by all other members)

If you don't know how to use Combination Strike it's pretty simple. You use it by switching up your primary attack combos, an example for this build would be: Right click, Left click, Right click.

This is the first build that actually clicked for me, using this build feels like its how monk is supposed to be played, for me anyways. I don't think monk is supposed to be a tank, pretty sure that is what barb is for :)

Also I just got "Hidden Palace" one of the runes for Inner Sanctuary, Im going to mess around with this to see if it fits in this build. If anything I will switch it with Exploding Palm.

Hope this helps some of you guys out there get the hang of monk, reply for discussion :)

- SpiritBear#1846
Edited by SpiritBear#1846 on 5/22/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you get a primary ability into the secondary slot?
*EDIT* Nevermind I found it. Why does the game have so many crucial options that are hidden in the gameplay menu ><
Edited by Adinic#1178 on 5/22/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
haha Idk man, blizz will be blizz
Reply Quote
this is what you are using in hell? inferno?
Reply Quote
So what ur telling me is that with 2 primaries u can essentially combo them together to have a finisher? (like FoT may knock back an enemy on the 3rd hit.)
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Archaik
So what ur telling me is that with 2 primaries u can essentially combo them together to have a finisher? (like FoT may knock back an enemy on the 3rd hit.)

Yes. Also, the passive he uses, Combination Strike, is useless in a build with only one spirit generator.
Reply Quote
ARE YOU EVEN 60 BRO?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Kobra
ARE YOU EVEN 60 BRO?

Stop being ignorant.
05/22/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Ruthar
this is what you are using in hell? inferno?

Act 3 Hell is what i'm currently in right now, but this build is so !@#$ing buttery I couldn't imagine switching it for anything at all.
Edited by SpiritBear#1846 on 5/22/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Seriously, if you aren't 60 and in inferno act 2, don't even try to assume you know what you are talking about. Hell is easy. Even act 1 Inferno is somewhat easy.

Also, polearms lol.
Edited by SelfDestruct#1151 on 5/22/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I WILL TAKE THAT AS A "NO I AM NOT 60"
Reply Quote
i like the build only thing is i never been a fan of exploding palm and i have been looking for something other than the FoT mantra spam garbage so boring. Like you said the monk isnt a tank. Only thing is you say right click left right, wouldnt left right left be better for the rune on deadly reach?
Reply Quote
Seriously, if you aren't 60 and in inferno act 2, don't even try to assume you know what you are talking about. Hell is easy. Even act 1 Inferno is somewhat easy.

Also, polearms lol.

Actually I would like to think I know what I'm doing, so many people having issues and I havn't struggled at all. I have to be doing something right.
Edited by SpiritBear#1846 on 5/22/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Im at almost 10k dps on a tanky lvl 60 Monk in Inferno. Other classes have dps booster giving 15% increases here and there. Monk's however do not have that luxury.

I've been playing since day 1 and didn't know u could combo different Pri's together. Good to know.
Reply Quote
He is going to get it hard in inferno. Good thing you can swap things up in this game.
Reply Quote

Also, polearms lol.

Actually I would like to think I know what I'm doing, so many people having issues and I havn't struggled at all. I have to be doing something right.

Nobody struggles in hell. It's easy mode. You can't do it wrong.
Reply Quote
Read this guide and then get to Hell/Inferno: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271778796?. Now, stop trying to be "all dpsy" as a monk. You're a melee class (and warriors don't have as good of a chance to have resists, forcing them to being melee dps); start being a tank.
Reply Quote

Also, polearms lol.

no one struggled until inferno man. how are you going to say you know about something you have not experienced? THAT, my friend, is being ignorant.
Reply Quote
Becoming 60 doesn't automatically put you at the expert list. Some people at lower levels could have just realized things you may have missed. Like me, I didnt know about the Combination.

ARE YOU EVEN 60 BRO?!--------Have you grown a nut?
Reply Quote
Becoming 60 doesn't automatically put you at the expert list. Some people at lower levels could have just realized things you may have missed. Like me, I didnt know about the Combination.

ARE YOU EVEN 60 BRO?!--------Have you grown a nut?

scrubs everywhere
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]