Diablo® III

Monk isn't a tank, stop playing it like one.

Agreed, Thanks Archaik.
He's just trolling...Dont pay attention to him.
Edited by SpiritBear#1846 on 5/22/2012 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:00 PMPosted by lordataxia
Read this guide and then get to Hell/Inferno: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271778796?. Now, stop trying to be "all dpsy" as a monk. You're a melee class (and warriors don't have as good of a chance to have resists, forcing them to being melee dps); start being a tank.

Realizing that people can play how they wish is the first step. Posting a comment that states they must play a tank or gtfo is ignorant.
Reply Quote
I understand people playing him as a tank, he makes for a pretty good one indeed. I never said he didn't but the amount of damage he can poop out is kind of insane :S
Reply Quote
Got to agree with everybody else who posted here. Hell was never a challenge, with whatever skills you used (until maybe late act 4 if you weren't tanking). Maybe the monk wasn't intended to be a tank, but that's definitely what they've forced him to be in order to survive for 5-6 seconds on a mob in inferno.
Reply Quote
This whole thread is only relevant for monks that haven't even touched inferno yet. Inferno is a completely different metagame, and trying to run a build without the staple 3/4 defense "tank" skills WILL get you killed, and repeatedly. You have no clue until you experience it.
Reply Quote
I came here cause I thought the gods had parted ways and someone had found a way to DPS through inferno. Nope. Back to tanking.
Reply Quote
The game is completely different at level 60 in inferno.

High dps/dodge builds destroy leveling, keep using them. But when you get to inferno you will die. Plain and simple. You have to stack vit, resist, and spam heal yourself or you can't play.

Oh yea i totally agree. One of the main reasons i went tank was because one of my friends played a DH and he was getting eaten alive in Hell much less Inferno. While he went on to crit for umltiple hundred thousand I figured I would let him dps and I would tank.

Now in Inferno I feel tank is NOT viable because some guys have 60%+ resistances and 50K+ hp and STILL get face melted. So more dps with survival seems to be more logical. Unless u get lucky, or have overgeared the Act.

If you plan on soloing inferno as a straight tank Monk.....just dont even try, you may be skipping each pack of rares/champs unless u want to fight for 20+ minutes each time.
Edited by Archaik#1941 on 5/22/2012 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Where in this post does he say this build is meant for inferno? This type of build is actually pretty fun to play. You can keep the stacks of combination strike up by using the same move. You just need to activate it the first time by using the other moves.

Hell is the last place we can have fun doing balls to the wall DPS builds so we mise well enjoy it while we can. No need to jump on the OP.
Reply Quote

Stop being ignorant.

sooo ironic lol
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Judged
I came here cause I thought the gods had parted ways and someone had found a way to DPS through inferno. Nope. Back to tanking.

This
Reply Quote
Who cares how much damage you do if you can't be killed?

Glass half full!

Example: The butcher on Inferno has a Rage timer. If u cant beat him in a certain amount of time, the entire floor stays ignited until you #1: DIE or #2 Can pop immunity and beat him in 3-4 seconds.
Reply Quote
horrible build. good luck with that in inferno.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:13 PMPosted by WarpStatus
Where in this post does he say this build is meant for inferno?

He doesn't, but he goes on to decide he knows better than those currently working through Inferno, which is where tank builds are used.

In Hell difficulty, this build would kick !@#. Inferno, not so much.
Reply Quote
I mean if the guy wants to think his build is gonna work in act 2 Inferno.. then let him..

Im just gonna be over here laughing my !@# off. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH!

/ahem
Reply Quote
I mean if the guy wants to think his build is gonna work in act 2 Inferno.. then let him..

Im just gonna be over here laughing my !@# off. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH!

/ahem

So where's your curbstomping build?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 11:16 AMPosted by SpiritBear
TIP: Spent 60k gold on a pole-arm in the AH that increased my damage from 3500 to about 8000, 10000 on bosses and in a party. Worth it :)

I'm currently in Act 4 inferno with 42k hp, 600 all resists, do about 16k dps.

Dead monks do 0 dps.
Edited by Lux#1521 on 5/22/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so much fail OP so much fail...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]