Diablo® III

Monk isn't a tank, stop playing it like one.

TIP: Spent 60k gold on a pole-arm in the AH that increased my damage from 3500 to about 8000, 10000 on bosses and in a party. Worth it :)

I'm currently in Act 4 inferno with 42k hp, 600 all resists, about do 16k dps.

Dead monks do 0 dps.

Im sure you have fun relying on your pals.
With those stats Im surprised you passed Act 3. Post your gear stats please.
Edited by Archaik#1941 on 5/22/2012 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Lux
TIP: Spent 60k gold on a pole-arm in the AH that increased my damage from 3500 to about 8000, 10000 on bosses and in a party. Worth it :)

I'm currently in Act 4 inferno with 42k hp, 600 all resists, do about 16k dps.

Dead monks do 0 dps.

Good for you, I got back from Hawaii 2 days ago and have only played since then.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
05/22/2012 11:53 AMPosted by SpiritBear
ARE YOU EVEN 60 BRO?

Stop being ignorant.
this is what you are using in hell? inferno?

Act 3 Hell is what i'm currently in right now, but this build is so !@#$ing buttery I couldn't imagine switching it for anything at all.

No. you stop being ignorant, title of thread "stop playing it like one" ok tell me what else i should do, get to 60 play for 50 hours in inferno then try to make a guide like this.
Reply Quote
SpiritBear,

At higher difficulties packs of mobs, much less champion groups, will absolutely destroy you without using at least a few defensive abilities.

Melee classes HAVE to be tanky because incoming damage is just so much higher than your ability to kill mobs fast enough. Even wizards with diamond skin, and who generally do MOUNDS more damage than a monk absolutely do not stay in melee if they have any choice at all.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Archaik
With those stats Im surprised you passed Act 3. Post your gear stats please.

I have better stats than OP, and you're surprised I passed act 3, that makes 0 sense, just like this build. I was doing DPS builds in hell too. Inferno is different.

I posted the most relevant stats, would you like to know my magic find? it's 0%.

05/22/2012 12:43 PMPosted by SpiritBear
Good for you, I got back from Hawaii 2 days ago and have only played since then.

I think you missed the point of my post, it wasn't to say I'm further than you, simple that one can be both a tank, and a dps. You need not be at either extreme, I think that's the most stupid way to play.
Edited by Lux#1521 on 5/22/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
GL inferno act 2 and beyond with this build. Won't happen.
Reply Quote
This posts makes me believe this guy will have a fun time with the wasps in the very first tunnel of Iact2.
Edited by SiliticX#1263 on 5/22/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't agree with the thread name, my monk is a tank and I've been able to tank 4 man inferno mode so far.
Reply Quote
If you're not playing on Inferno don't even post this useless carp about how a monk is supposed to be played.

Wow you spent 60k on a pole arm, guess what I've spent millions on 1k DPS weapons and 500 armor rating chest pieces, boots, gloves with atleast 150 dex for 800k +.

You're going to get destroyed in Inferno
Edited by SK3PT3K#1901 on 5/22/2012 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Ok...

1. You cannot assume that what your doing is "the way" monks are supposed to be played. All classes are flexible to have several different builds. Monks being tanks is just another way for a monk to play. Just because you dps well doesn't mean monks shouldn't tank, it just means that monks can dps also.

2. You're build, along with everyone else who posts a build, means nothing unless you go into specifics about what kind of stats you look for on gear. Dex and Vit is a given, its the other minor stats that can make or break a build.

3. You're basing how a monk should/must be played from a single passive skill....that's ridiculous. This is just another way to play a monk.....
Reply Quote
This build would get absolutely destroyed in inferno unless you somehow managed to get 10x the stats you currently have with gear.
Reply Quote
I laugh at your title. Go to inferno with that build, oh wait.. you aren't there!
Reply Quote
ahahahaha this has to be a troll right?

0.05/10 ....
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UgYThX!XVd!cYacaZ

for beginner,after you get the hang of it try this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UgYTkX!XVZ!cYacaZ
Edited by Lens#1487 on 5/22/2012 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
dont talk unless your in ferno HEARD DAT!
Reply Quote
Seriously, if you aren't 60 and in inferno act 2, don't even try to assume you know what you are talking about. Hell is easy. Even act 1 Inferno is somewhat easy.

Also, polearms lol.

05/22/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Kobra
I WILL TAKE THAT AS A "NO I AM NOT 60"

You are both retarded. Take your elitist !@#$%^ry somewhere else.
Reply Quote
ACT2. GG.
Reply Quote
u will get arped by first skeleton in inferno.. and gotta mention that the first skeleton isn't alone trolololololol

The one who did cry about long fights, inferno is ment to be hard, long lasting shiet where u CAN'T do a shiet without decent defensive spec/gear
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
well i hope you dont expect to keep the Valor buff at 60 since u have to switch abilties constantly >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]