Diablo® III

Monk isn't a tank, stop playing it like one.

will get facemushed
Reply Quote
YES, another thread of someone playing a part of the game in which we're fine, saying we're fine.

Get back to me in A2 inferno.
Reply Quote
Fact is monk SHOULDNT be a tank, but sadly with inferno's ridiculous damage and monk abilities forcing them to be melee in combination of simply not being able to deal good DPS forces them to be tanks.

Dont blame the players, blame blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/22/2012 11:16 AMPosted by SpiritBear
You should know to switch out the rune on exploding palm for boss fights

Is clearly not 60 yet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Clearly not doing Inferno.
Reply Quote
Please don't make posts about pre 60 builds. The game is a cake walk up to 60 and pre inferno..
Edited by Tatertot#1311 on 5/23/2012 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok really, if its not inferno it doesn't count tbh

post whatever builds you want but they are not legit for inferno
Reply Quote
Posted by SpiritBear
You should know to switch out the rune on exploding palm for boss fights

Is clearly not 60 yet.

Yeah.. I facepalmed after that
Reply Quote
Grats on using this build in hell. Head to Inferno and see how it fairs.
Reply Quote
Please don't post anything until you are at least in Act 1 (maybe in Act 2) Inferno. You are wasting people's time by trying out bad builds and ideas.
Edited by clownhordes#1938 on 5/23/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Fact is monk SHOULDNT be a tank, but sadly with inferno's ridiculous damage and monk abilities forcing them to be melee in combination of simply not being able to deal good DPS forces them to be tanks.

Dont blame the players, blame blizz.

This^ Whole heartedly agree with this, based on all of or skills/passives/runes we SHOULDN'T be a tank, we CAN be a tank, we CAN be a support, we CAN be a dps. However, Dps should be the most effecient option, but due the ridiculousness in inferno tank IS THE ONLY option. I enjoy monks, would enjoy it more if I didnt kite 100% if the time. Every group i get in, thats the only option open to me which is very depressing. blizzard made it so that we can only play one way.

The only way i survive and get any sort of upgrades, (besides AH farming) is to get 2 Wizard and a DH, then kite the monsters while they kill em one at a time. Monks are exceptional kiters, and I understand inferno is meant to be difficult but the fact that blizzard made it, "play this way or not at all" is just idiotic. They should of just removed all the other runes/skill/passives and left the main ones everyone uses, that way all the monks only know one way to play and we cant get annoyed at only having that one option.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
any build that says "switch out the rune for bosses" FAILS at 60.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Pheratia
any build that says "switch out the rune for bosses" FAILS at 60.

I wasn't going to post on this thread because mostly people are in agreement, but lol. That's ignorance right there.

This post just shows that you're a retard at this game. Rune switching is actually good. If you're just saying that because you like to jerk yourself to Nephalem Valor, then you're just retarded.
Reply Quote
From Bashiok himself:

Let me follow up by saying that in general class balance is an ongoing investigation, and by no means do we believe the game is now perfect, but we're also seeing evidence that supports (with a few nerfs to wizard and demon hunter) the monk and barbarian are not as bad off as they seem.

A large part of the monk and barbarian designs are based on survival models that mimic the concept of the class itself. The idea of a monk is that he survives through being agile and difficult to hit, and his healing and survival scales particularly well by focusing on mitigation stats like dodge, resists, and armor. The concept of the barb is that he survives through a huge health pool, and healing himself through damage (%life on hit stats), which is potentially a bit obvious with all the life return skills but can't be overstated.

The game is young, there were some skills that threw things out of whack, and we expect the landscape to settle out a bit more evenly. Or at least change again so we can continue to monitor the impact. Maybe we're wrong, maybe there's no current chance for monk or barbarian to compete with ranged, but our current suspicion is that's incorrect and until we know for sure we're not going to turn any dials.

Hence, monks SURVIVE by being TANKY (dodge, resists, armor). Herp derp feeding the troll.
Reply Quote
I'm only in hell A2, so I won't say I know how Inferno is.

But I've been wondering after reading everyone complaining about having to tank in inf, if when, in a few weeks, available gears will be surely more powerful and balanced, would it be viable to have a DPS build ?
Reply Quote
THIS KID DOSN'T EVEN LIFT
Reply Quote
Hell mode is weak sauce.

Any build will work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]