Diablo® III

To all the Barbs "I'm in Inferno Act 2"

View profile
...and "doing fine, you all suck get better gear/build better", do you feel that being forced to use 1h/Shield on a class with no inherent shield/block based abilities/passive is a sign of good game design?

That you have to run every single defensive ability/passive to survive while the majoriy of your skills, which are based on dealing damage, sit useless is good design?

That using a class that is, to my knowledge, always depicted in offical/fan artwork as having a 2hander or dual wielding, should be forced to use a shield just to compete is good design?

Are you having fun?

Just curious.
Edited by Dreadspectre#1111 on 5/24/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i also use a 2h. My sword is so big and heavy that my frail etheopian arms can barely lift it. It just drags along the ground. Not surprised that Act 2 inferno smashes me. I cant even lift my sword!
Reply Quote
It's pretty clear that inferno is intended to require highly defensive oriented setups for all classes. They seem to have tried to address those cases where this was not the case via hotfixes recently.
Reply Quote
Go try an untwinked WW Barb in D2 and jump into Hell as soon as you beat NM.

Come back here and tell us how badly you get rocked.

I'm sure as players begin to gear up with the top gear, DPS specs will become viable again.
Reply Quote

I'm sure as players begin to gear up with the top gear, DPS specs will become viable again.

Amen. I seriously don't understand why people don't see this...
Reply Quote
Im in Act 2 farming right now, as a Barbarian, and im currently dual wielding mighty axes. (2 handers need some tweaking before I use those, you lose too many good affix using them)

I do have a good shield in storage that I do sometimes like to use.

I also dont use Revenge or Ignore Pain. (But I do use the War Cry skill)

Cleave is my primary skill (with straight damage rune), along with ground stomp (suck em in rune)and charge (charge with heal per hit buff)

I also use Boon of Bul Kathos and the max Fury damage increase passives, along with the Armor buff passive. (and super mode + quake)

Yes, it is hard.

Yes, I die.

But I also can do full area clears, and usually can stack a max NV buff.
Edited by AudioCG#1473 on 5/24/2012 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
05/24/2012 11:05 AMPosted by mescyn
It's pretty clear that inferno is intended to require highly defensive oriented setups for all classes. They seem to have tried to address those cases where this was not the case via hotfixes recently.

erm. No. Inferno is intended to be uncompletable.

The idea is anything that can complete it is nerfed. Theyll nerf inferno once theyre done tuning classes.

In the meantime, inferno is designed to be ridiculously unfair on purpose.
Edited by Wingofbenu#1411 on 5/24/2012 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Let's hope the legendary item fixes they are currently doing will address this. Because right now, there aren't really "top gear" you're mentioning enough to make DPS viable.
Reply Quote
What people do in D2:
Roll a sorc - Get gear
Make an Hdin - Get more gear
Make your expensive barb.

What people do in D3:
Roll a Barb - OMGWTFICANTGETGEAR

Any other questions?
Reply Quote
...and "doing fine, you all suck get better gear/build better", do you feel that being forced to use 1h/Shield on a class with no inherent shield/block based abilities/passive is a sign of good game design?

That you have to run every single defensive ability/passive to survive while the majoriy of your skills, which are based on dealing damage, sit useless is good design?

That using a class that is, to my knowledge, always depicted in offical/fan artwork as having a 2hander or dual wielding, should be forced to use a shield just to compete is good design?

Are you having fun?

Just curious.

I'm trying so frickin hard to not make fun of you and attempt to degrade your self esteem after reading this post. I don't wanna get banned for that stuff.

But seriously, the game's been out for 9 days. You have to be joking.....right?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
So because you can't do it others can't?
Reply Quote
What people do in D2:
Roll a sorc - Get gear

What people do in D3:

Any other questions?

truth can't be more true
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
im barb on belial act 2 inferno.... cant kill cuz i cant kite the adds in the first phase LOL. gg
Reply Quote
Any class is going to get rocked by act 2 inferno until they gear up. It's working as intended. Why is it always barbarians who can't get their head around this concept?
Reply Quote
View profile
I am a Barb, 59 and only in Act 3 Hell. I was asking the other players who have gotten far in Inferno if they were having fun playing their class as it was not really intended to be played.

If Blizzard really wanted Barbs to have a "tank" build, why no runes/skills that use shield/block chance etc?

You can go ahead and try and say "get better gear" etc etc, but when everyone who comes on these forums with that lame "taiwanese barb soloed inferno" when he had 100k hp 9k armor a shield and full defensive build and STILL had to skip most of the monsters, how are you honestly going to say "gearing up" will make DPS builds work?

He already had far and away better gear from exploits/AH than most players will ever get.
Edited by Dreadspectre#1111 on 5/24/2012 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What people do in D2:
Roll a sorc - Get gear

What people do in D3:

Any other questions?

truth can't be more true

Ever heard of Patriarch/Matriarch challenges?
Reply Quote
Barbs have finished ACT II inferno already with 2 handers....that game has been out less than 2 weeks.

So it can be done....just maybe not by you.
Reply Quote
View profile
Barbs have finished ACT II inferno already with 2 handers....that game has been out less than 2 weeks.

So it can be done....just maybe not by you.

Finishing can just mean skipping 80% of the mobs and killing bosses. The challenge of Inferno is not the bosses, it is the hordes of unclean heathens. They are also where you get 80% of the tastey treats.

Also those Barbs are finishing Act 2 with weapons they bought/got handed from Acts 3 and 4.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]