Diablo® III

One With Everything (Passive)

I'm deciding on whether I should use One with Everything or Near Death Experience. How much extra resist would OWE have to give me before it would be worth it. Right now it would only bring my other resists up 30-40, is that worth it?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Depends on what your resists are at now, if their around the 200-300 range, pick your highest stat and replace all the other ones with Vit/Dex and such. Its a very good passive to have.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
OWE shines when you realize that you can stack resist X/resist all gear and end up with 700 resist all at the end. NDE's ICD is a bit too long for D3 - I'd expect that in WoW, but here?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
30-40 points is probably not enough. Seize the Initiative gives about 10% damage reduction, and comes up more often than One With Everything will. So using that as a guide, One With Everything should give you about 15-20% reduction to your other defenses before it is really competitive with other defensive abilities like Seize or Near Death. I doubt that 30-40 will make that happen.
Reply Quote
OWE is totally worth building around, though.

I don't like NDE because:
1. If the conditions exist for you to die once, you are probably going to die again very soon.
2. ...which often leads to dying more often than once every 90s.

It is better not to die in the first place, and building around OWE does a lot for that.

Having said that, +40 resists is not worth it.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys. I bought some gear and have 100-130 resist now for everything without OWE so I think I'll stick with NDE for the moment. What kind of stats should have I have for act 1 inferno. I'm sitting at 9.2k dmg / 1361 dex / 1766 armor / 18.6k life and 100-130 resist.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Tarzan
Thanks guys. I bought some gear and have 100-130 resist now for everything without OWE so I think I'll stick with NDE for the moment. What kind of stats should have I have for act 1 inferno. I'm sitting at 9.2k dmg / 1361 dex / 1766 armor / 18.6k life and 100-130 resist.

I'm not sure what kind of stats I need but I feel like this is very low. I feel like I'm getting hit to hard by mobs in inferno act but this might be the way it's designed, idk. Can someone that made it through act 1 and preferably act 2 give me there stats.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Your damage is fine for ACT I, I cleared it with lower attack damage than that. However, your resist and life is really low. I had 8k damage on my first clear, around 250 resist (all) and about 45k hp. Keep it in mind that if you solo, to kill Butcher will take at least 10-12k damage before you can solo him without hitting the enrage timer comfortably.
Reply Quote
73 Troll Druid
05/24/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Tarzan

I'm not sure what kind of stats I need but I feel like this is very low. I feel like I'm getting hit to hard by mobs in inferno act but this might be the way it's designed, idk. Can someone that made it through act 1 and preferably act 2 give me there stats.

Thanks

better weapon, shave some dex off for higher armor gear/vit/res, u can have 10-11kdps with a better wep that only has vit and etc with 1000dex~ instead of 1300 (yes i know 300dex = 300 armor) but id rather shave 300dex and gain 20k more life.

Because lets face it no one stepping into act 1 inf from hell will have 120/120 dex/vita gear with res and etc, aim for a base starting point

35-40k hp
4k armor
10k dps
200 res
Reply Quote

better weapon, shave some dex off for higher armor gear/vit/res, u can have 10-11kdps with a better wep that only has vit and etc with 1000dex~ instead of 1300 (yes i know 300dex = 300 armor) but id rather shave 300dex and gain 20k more life.

Because lets face it no one stepping into act 1 inf from hell will have 120/120 dex/vita gear with res and etc, aim for a base starting point

35-40k hp
4k armor
10k dps
200 res

Sounds good. Ill try it out and see if that helps. Thanks for the reply.
Edited by Tarzan#1993 on 5/24/2012 10:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

35-40k hp
4k armor
10k dps
200 res

That's about what I'm running, although I managed to afford weaponry that gets me to 13500dps unbuffed, and the thing that means the most to my survivability is resist all, which i'm getting without One With Everything.

I have been keeping a tally of how many elites/rares I can kill vs how many i have to skip, and now it's about 20:1 with those stats for Inferno act 1, so anyone that wants to gripe about how hard things are, just be buying the right stuff and don't stack vit
Reply Quote
I am steamrolling A1 Inferno with an offensive spec and 17.5K HP. Resists/reduction >>> HP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]