Diablo® III

Mighty weapons aren't so mighty?

I love my barbarian. I love that barbarians get their own big bad !@# weapons. What I'm a little confused about is why these huge and imposing weapons are showing rather pitiful amounts of damage.

Shouldn't these weapons provide a significant dps boost compared to the many blue spears and clubs I see floating around the auction house? Why is it at level 54 that both one handed and two handed might weapons are 100-200 dps less than what else is offered on the AH? Do they just get bought that fast? Or do they not provide any noticeable advantage to being used (I'm aware of the extra 3 fury you get per swing with weapon master)?
Reply Quote
They are indeed rather pitiful.
Reply Quote
I have noticed the same thing and am very disappointed. I hope this gets fixed.
Reply Quote
In normal Act I/II, I used a rare carver for a bit. That was soon replaced by a Shiv, which just seems wrong. Haven't touched mighty weapons since.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I do not understand the idea behind mighty weapon here, It is supposed to be especially for Bar so why it is so week like that, what is the point ?
Reply Quote
I agree that the mighty weapons just don't seem to have a place in this game. I thought that I would be eager to put on a mighty weapon that I found, but only once or twice have I actually swapped out my non-mighty weapon for one. I think that is quite confusing. Bigger doesn't mean better? :(
Reply Quote
they have higher attack speed than most heavy weapons. iirc most 1H mighty weapons have 1.3 AS. while most clubs and maces have around 1.2? dont really remember
Reply Quote
i agree. i'm almost through nightmare, and I haven't found any that were worth using.
Reply Quote
Same Comment as Dren. It's really rather disappointing. It would be interesting if they received both benefits of weapon master so for a giant sword it would receive the 15% damage and the extra fury but... it still wouldn't be worth it until they're base damage is modified to be reasonable. It really feels disappointing to play a barbarian and not be using a single class item... because most mighty belts ALSO suck. Come on blizzard, we're not asking to be OP. We're asking to feel as rewarded as other classes when they find their unique equipment!
Reply Quote
the items in the game are pretty boring in general.
Reply Quote
They shouldn't be better, because no one would ever use anything but mighty weapons. Diablo is about item diversity.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:51 AMPosted by PrmDerektive
They shouldn't be better, because no one would ever use anything but mighty weapons. Diablo is about item diversity.

Just like wizards and witch doctors using 2 handed axes and mallets! ... *rolls eyes*

Maybe I just like my "classic fantasy" look, but I really dislike the weapon system in Diablo 3. I don't like that in order to optimize my character, I need to use whatever gives me the biggest number.

I miss having weapon specific barbs... and Mighty weapons should be a bit higher, or give bonuses specifically for barbarians (bonus damage to abilities, higher proc rate of revenge, etc) whereas wands and staves should boost mana regen and other abilities for wizards/witch doctors...

oh well /vent.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 08:19 PMPosted by googlemaster
they have higher attack speed than most heavy weapons. iirc most 1H mighty weapons have 1.3 AS. while most clubs and maces have around 1.2? dont really remember

Which honestly is the reverse of what barbs need. Your abilities are based on Weapon Damage %, not Dps, so you will hit harder with a 1000 dps weapon that attacks 1.0 times a second, vs a 1000dps weapon that attacks 1.2 times a second.

Then why put a class specific item in the game?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Weapon master favors swords. Flat out 15% damage increase is a huge win, unless you're geared for crit chance and crit damage (then axes/clubs would beat it)
Reply Quote
I mostly use them in Sprint/Whirlwind builds to make my hurricanes generate self-sustainable rage more consistently. Sometimes more damage simply isn't the main concern.

I do agree though that Blizzard ought to rename these Primitive Weapons instead of Mighty Weapons so they don't skew expectations. There is nothing "mighty" about these weapons.
Reply Quote
ya, if you have the guide it shows that mighty weapons fall seriously behind on damage.
Reply Quote
The only advantage of "mighty" weapons is that they're cheap, since no one else can use them.
And the bonus from weapons master is soo much retarded...
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:51 AMPosted by PrmDerektive

yeah and build diversity right? thats why everyones running the same !@#$ u moron
Reply Quote
Agreed! How an item looks is by far the most important stat! Unfortunately, I'm surrendering these awesomesauce looking weapons for other lame two-handers that don't look nearly as cool, but do 50% more damage.

I want to use my oversized axe of smash and destruction! Give it great deeps!
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 11:07 AMPosted by THExSLAYER
yeah and build diversity right? thats why everyones running the same !@#$ u moron

Yeah, and it's retarded, and blizzard is fixing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]