Diablo® III

The most wizarded build to wiz thru wizard

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZQYRlS!YWe!ZZZcbZ

Fire & Ice & Teleport!!

Man, I though disintegrate was awesome, then I hit Act 3 Hell and was like... man I hope I don't have to have 200,000,000 G worth of gear to finish this game. So I tried living lightning build, I tried including energy armor... all lame.

So I made a fire & ice build. Nothing but pure dps. Wow does it ever feel like I hit like a truck. Hell mode hammers guys were basically destroyed in about 3 seconds, and Act 3 & 4 bosses were melting in battle which took under a minute. I feel like a mage!! Sure I can't take much for hits, but neither can the elites. Most of the time, if I need to bust out frost nova, I just %#*# down the mob point blank, because he'll be dead before it expires. And lastly, I'm quite happy to say, that despite not including a signature spell, I never run out of mana. I do have a piece of gear that gives me back 10AP on crits... and as it stands, I can shoot RoF infinitely if I'm hitting targets.

ANNNNND boom goes the dynamite.
Reply Quote
Neat build, but where's the fire, looks mostly like ice to me.

Edit -- NM, Mammoth Hydra. Wow, you are the first person I've seen to get anything worthwhile out of that.
Edited by Flaviusx#1884 on 5/25/2012 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fire hydra, to proc conflagration.
Reply Quote
This build screams "I haven't done Inferno yet"
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 07:42 AMPosted by AzerFox

This.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I must say that your cleverly devilish title made me spit coke everywhere and I now have to clean it up.

H8U.

The fire comes from the Mammoth Hydra I guess.

Waste of a skill slot to use Conflagration with a single spell in mind though.

I would replace Conflagration with Illusionist and replace Mammoth with a Frost Hydra to buff your frost spells.

That's just me though.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/25/2012 07:42 AMPosted by AzerFox

Your post screams "I haven't read Bashiok's post on Inferno yet"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149180916?page=1#15
Reply Quote
It might get boring because I play almost every pull identically - like a blizzard/hydra kite. Which does super sick dps even if I don't have time to cast RoF. But when I do throw RoF in, elite mobs in Act 1 inferno die in mere seconds. Mammoth Hydra is always on the field, and it's really does make a difference, because not only am I hitting for [10%(conflag) + 15%(magic weapon) + 20%(cold blooded) + 15%(glass cannon) = 60%] more dmg, but everything on the field is getting mauled by AOE effects too boot.

So far I'm quite please with my Inferno melting abilities with this.

EDIT And my gear isn't even that great, I'm still rocking some level 30 & 40 yellows.
Edited by Eirhead#1950 on 5/25/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Eirhead, don't listen to all of the hater trolls.

You just keep doing your thing! If it works for you that's fantastic! =D
Reply Quote
Yo dawg, I heard you like to wizard your wizard while wizarding with your wizard.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Valor
Yo dawg, I heard you like to wizard your wizard while wizarding with your wizard.

respekt

Hell mode is now on farm. Next up, Inferno!
Reply Quote
Don't you get one shotted alot with that build?
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 08:02 AMPosted by BoNeCrUsHeR
Don't you get one shotted alot with that build?

I guess it depends on the pack, but I'm a good kiter, and I can nuke stuff down so fast now, that I don't deal with getting hit for lots of fights.

But I only just started thru act 1 inferno last night, and I haven't died in it yet, and faces are melting so fast that I figure it'll scale nicely as I get my gear twinked out. I'm pretty sure I'll want to get up to 30k unbuffed dmg for Act 3 and 35-40 for Act 4. So I don't expect it to be easy mode with the gear I have.

Also I prefer to play multiplayer because real people are cooler to hang out with than the Templar or Scoundrel. So I use that to my advantage and just be the best DPSer I can be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]