Diablo® III

2H weapon stat changes when 2x1H are equipped

If you hover over a 2H weapon in your inventory when you have dual 1H equipped, the change in stats shown is for the case of equipping the 2H weapon in your main hand while still having your off-hand 1H weapon equipped. This is an erroneous reflection of the stat changes from equipping the 2H weapon.
Reply Quote
this is because when you attack with the first wep, your stats change to reflect the second wep. Stats don't stack when duel wielding, your damage is simply modified based on which of the two will hit next.
Reply Quote
You misunderstand. The in-game comparison is failing to reflect changes in things such as attributes as well, so if I happen to have +500 vit on my offhand weapon, the displayed stat changes when I'm hovering over the 2H weapon does not show a loss of any max HP, no matter what the effects are on the 2H weapon.

Also, the 3 stats shown in the "stat changes" section (life, damage, protection) are calculated stats based on your entire equipment setup, and aren't based on what is expected to happen on your next attack. The damage shown is always your calculated dps. As far as I know, the only displayed stat which changes between weapon strikes would be attack speed, and only if your weapons have different base attack speeds. Any other displayed stat is either a calculated value taking into account both weapons, or is independent of which equipment slot the stat is enhanced by.
Edited by Corundum#1368 on 5/25/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]