Diablo® III

What's Strafe for?

Ideas?
Reply Quote
It's for those people that want to pretend they're a Barb using Whirlwind.
Reply Quote
for people who want to role play as a tornado
Edited by Envy#1253 on 5/25/2012 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Hunter
strafing
Reply Quote
Farming normal mode for chipped gems with a level 60 character.
Reply Quote
I really wish it was a decent skill...Being able to DPS while moving would be very nice but its never worth using.
Reply Quote
Breaking objects.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/25/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Scyfon
Breaking objects.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 11:26 PMPosted by DanteMustDie
I really wish it was a decent skill...Being able to DPS while moving would be very nice but its never worth using.

Yeah, I thought the idea of a channeled ranged attack that you could use while moving was great too, but in practice it's just terrible. It drains hatred very fast, doesn't provide enough mobility to make a decent kiting tool and doesn't even do much damage.

By contrast, Hungering Arrow and Elemental Arrow sound pretty boring on paper, but nearly every DH is using them right now because, even though they're pretty basic, they're powerful, efficient and easy to use.
Reply Quote
So Strafe = Breaking objects hmm
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Chusan
So Strafe = Breaking objects hmm
Really fast. Seriously, what other class can break every object in a room ,particularly those cellars in act II with lots of barrels in them, in 5 seconds flat...without having to aim?
Reply Quote
It's great when you don't know about Elective Mode and have literally nothing else unlocked for that tree.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/26/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Scyfon
Really fast. Seriously, what other class can break every object in a room ,particularly those cellars in act II with lots of barrels in them, in 5 seconds flat...without having to aim?

multishot, rain of vengeance? hell even rapid fire while spinning in circles XD
Reply Quote
Strafe is by far the skill I have used more than any other...yes, for breakables.
Reply Quote
I just use ball lighting to break everything :P 1 shot in 4 directions, nothing is left standing :P

but yea, strafing is fairly useless at the moment, its more of a gimic to have fun with
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]