Diablo® III

Herald of Pestilence

This monster makes any zone they are in nearly broken. There damage is obviously a bug of some sort. They kill you within 2 seconds. No time to move out of the poison, especially if you are being attacked.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
These guys are giving me more trouble than anything else. It's impossible to get away from that tentacle, I start running as soon as I see them do it and it still hits me every time. If I run into more than one I die in less than a second. The bosses don't even do that kind of damage and these guys are everywhere.
Reply Quote
I'm in hell atm and don't have a problem with them. They hurt a LOT but keep moving....

If you go into melee combat they won't use it (but watch out for the other ones ......)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
These things do WAAAAAAAAAAY too much damage. I try to keep moving and I still get caught by the edge of that green field and it kills me almost instantly. Somebody screwed something up with the damage they do, it's way beyond anything else I've come across so far. I beat Belial on my first try, but these guys are making the game unplayable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The mobs have no issue to them whatsoever... Be it playing my [Wizard] or my [Demon Hunter] you can see their attack comming through the ground its a green ripple along the path...

Or...

You can stun the mob when it lifts its arm into the air.

There are indeed many ways to dodge this mob... I've done it on Normal,Nightmare,Hell and Inferno.
Reply Quote
I don't usually ask for nerfs, but these guys are really frustrating. Their damage is an order of magnitude greater than any other enemy in the same area. They are, in effect, champion packs without being champions. Except you don't get a reward for taking the time to kite them around and kill them slowly.
Reply Quote
The mobs have no issue to them whatsoever... Be it playing my [Wizard] or my [Demon Hunter] you can see their attack comming through the ground its a green ripple along the path...

Or...

You can stun the mob when it lifts its arm into the air.

There are indeed many ways to dodge this mob... I've done it on Normal,Nightmare,Hell and Inferno.

Try playing a melee class
Try playing a melee class in hardcore against these guys

Definite nerf required or change status to elite/champion so that players will be more aware of the insane damage they do.
Reply Quote
Run up to them then they do not use the attack. This is the only advice to offer as I do agree with you. They kill me like no other thing in the game and when you encounter a champion/elite pack of these you might as well stab yourself, or run away screaming like a schoolgirl.
Reply Quote
with 3 characters above 50 (60 Inferno Barb, 58 soon to be 60 Hell WD, 53 Hell DH) I felt it's time to start agreeing with this.
They seem rough, but not terribly deadly in normal (though, what really is in norm?).
Nightmare they're a true pain, probably death if you don't have the hitpoints to sustain at least 4 to 5 ticks of damage (that's still less than a second. keep moving).
Hell - good luck. Avoid these mobs whenever possible. You'll need to be inferno geared to take them on without taking deaths. (for instance, my WD is currently running mostly inferno drops. ~15k damage, ~23k HP, high resists due to int stacking... and i'm hitting a wall on their area)
Inferno - bring a friend, 1 person drags them off and dies to them, the other rushes through the area. Without being literally in the top 1% of geared players you're looking at being killed before you can get to them, or immediately thereafter (no one I've seen can tank these guys long enough in inferno to kill them, and at a distance you'll die instantly.)

I'm with the rest of the posters here believing there was an error somewhere in their damage. Whether it's the amount of damage per tick, the speed of the ticks, the speed of the arm 'extension', or whatever else I can't say for sure. They feel balanced within melee range, but it's impossible to get a full group within melee range for most classes.
Blue post would be helpful here, a fix would be better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]