Diablo® III

Everything gone

Today i log on to find my level 53 witch doctor completely void of all items and my gold stash of 100k completely gone. i had 5 k dps and 17 k hp now i have 8 dps a few hundred hp. i have lost everything. does anyone know why/when/how this could happen? im on hell so i cant really keep playing. was my account hacked?
Edited by Anguish#1539 on 5/27/2012 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This also happened to me. I think many accounts have gotten hacked. I joined a friend's game and she didn't respond to any of my chat, so I left the game in suspicion of her being hacked. That same day, I got hacked.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Anguish
Today i log on to find my level 53 witch doctor completely void of all items and my gold stash of 100k completely gone. i had 5 k dps and 17 k hp now i have 8 dps a few hundred hp. i have lost everything. does anyone know why/when/how this could happen? im on hell so i cant really keep playing. was my account hacked?

according to people who did not get hacked, its because you didn't get an authenticator.

and that you were phished and/or keylogged.

Don't know what else to say, but I find it a good opportunity to walk away from this mediocre game before you spend more time into it.
Reply Quote
you must be new
Reply Quote
I got on earlier today as well and had this happen to my 60 barb. It seemed that my account got hacked because the only character that was stripped was my barb. Vault, gold, equipment and inventory emptied out.

I am new to blizzard so I didn't have the authenticator device but I had tried to get the app on my blackberry, it didn't work on my service in Canada for some reason. Anyways I sent blizzard a ticket through battle.net and hopefully they will resolve this issue.

~J
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Foxer
you got hacked, everyone is getting hacked, !@#$ blizzard

I wasn't, therefore "everyone" is incorrect. Millions of players total, hundreds of players claiming be hacked on the forums, yeah everyone. No wonder your computer was compromised.
Edited by SquarE#1993 on 5/27/2012 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry to hear about that folks. Hopefully you can get back in the game real soon. Make sure this time around, you have an authenticator.
Reply Quote
What's weird is that I don't have any virus's, spyware, adware etc on this system. I don't go to "bad" websites either so I have no idea how they got my information to log into my account.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Anguish

Post a ticket and don't play diablo until you have they may reset you to before you were hacked but if you keep on playing then they may not reset you far enough back. '

Also get an Authenticater for your smartphone its free, and another layer of protection
Reply Quote
This is just one of MANY ways they get your account info:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271602204

Also check out this thread too:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271501737
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 07:07 AMPosted by TeamArmenia
What's weird is that I don't have any virus's, spyware, adware etc on this system. I don't go to "bad" websites either so I have no idea how they got my information to log into my account.
Definitely read the second link I posted. There are many ways you can get compromised without going to "bad" sites or getting a keylogger. In fact, the most common method of compromise requires neither. The most common method is phishing scams and the like.
Reply Quote
Here is the really weird thing. As soon as i log on, i see tjis completely random person on my friends list. i message him constantly no reply. this must be the hacker gonna report him asap.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Anguish
Here is the really weird thing. As soon as i log on, i see tjis completely random person on my friends list. i message him constantly no reply. this must be the hacker gonna report him asap.

Because it isn't a dummy account, or another stolen account used to transfer your gold and items right? No wonder you got "hacked", you can't even grasp things like that. Come on :(
Reply Quote
People like you who are part of the entitled generation make me laugh. You use the exact same email and password for everything you do on the internet. You register to a website to get tips on how to cheat in Diablo 3, give them your account information, then complain that Blizzard should so something about it.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
Anyone get a reply to their ticket yet? I have been waiting over two days just for a reply.

Character is 60/Act1 Inferno, so I can't really do anything until my character is rolled back. !@#$ sucks.
Reply Quote
I appreciate the input you have there but i'm not a 12 year old who falls victim to idiotic email phishing sites. I am not one to put in any personal information or logging information on sites or sending my information via e-mail, skype etc. The only time I will input my information is if it is a registered company website like us.battle.net, hotmail.com etc etc.

What happened to me happened not on my own doing (minus being new to blizzard and not having an authenticator) I don't open e-mails on my pc, I mostly always on my blackberry and the blackberry never gets connected to the pc either.

I am 100% certain that I did not mistakenly input my information or fall for some kind of scam. What I believe is that Blizzard may have been compromised in some way shape or form. Like I stated in an earlier post, I don't have any virus's, adware, spyware or phishing cookies.

~J
Reply Quote
People like you who are part of the entitled generation make me laugh. You use the exact same email and password for everything you do on the internet. You register to a website to get tips on how to cheat in Diablo 3, give them your account information, then complain that Blizzard should so something about it.

Good luck.

How does wondering what happened to an account and requesting help from Blizzard make us an "entitled generation". Before talking out of your !@# and making assumptions that everyone uses the same password, think before you post.
Reply Quote
Anyone get a reply to their ticket yet? I have been waiting over two days just for a reply.

Character is 60/Act1 Inferno, so I can't really do anything until my character is rolled back. !@#$ sucks.

Just need to be patient, its long weekend (I think) in the USA so probably wont get a response till Monday-Tuesday. I myself still haven't received a response to my ticket either.
Reply Quote
I appreciate the input you have there but i'm not a 12 year old who falls victim to idiotic email phishing sites. I am not one to put in any personal information or logging information on sites or sending my information via e-mail, skype etc. The only time I will input my information is if it is a registered company website like us.battle.net, hotmail.com etc etc.

What happened to me happened not on my own doing (minus being new to blizzard and not having an authenticator) I don't open e-mails on my pc, I mostly always on my blackberry and the blackberry never gets connected to the pc either.

I am 100% certain that I did not mistakenly input my information or fall for some kind of scam. What I believe is that Blizzard may have been compromised in some way shape or form. Like I stated in an earlier post, I don't have any virus's, adware, spyware or phishing cookies.

~J

Again, millions of players (I think its over 6 million right?) And MAYBE thousands of "hacked" accounts? Being stubborn and ignorant in your own posts show why your account was compromised.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]