Diablo® III

Issue on Digital Purchase

Same issue here, bought D3 directly from BattleNet, stuck at Skeleton King.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you've purchased Diablo III with-in the last 72 hours, this is why. The payment is still processing, so the starter edition restriction are on until the payment fully processes.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

Note: Most Diablo III Starter Edition restrictions will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours.

We're working on updating the messaging on other places.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Well let me know when you are done investigating. I have an open ticket and my character is stuck at 13. If you can't get it resolved then you can return my money.
Reply Quote
Is there any way to find out when the payment has been fully processed?

When I am within the game, I don't see any banner on the corner of the screen saying it's "starter edition" (as some others have mentioned what they see on their screen). I made a full purchase of the standard edition before installing the game.

Do I really have to keep going back and kill the Skeleton King over and over again just to see if the restriction has been lifted?
Reply Quote
I also have the same problem. This isn't good enough, we have all payed for the product. Has anyone seen if the '72 hour wait' works?
Reply Quote
I suspect its just the 72 hours because when you check your battle.net account it says Standard Edition ... I am stuck at Skeleton King as well =x... I guess i will find out soon once 72 hours is up =D
Reply Quote
I think the Standard edition is the right one. But its been 24hrs and my order history says it was completed, so what am I waiting for? Also, this is my first Blizzard game (and almost certainly my last, at least digitally) but is this standard practice? The whole point of downloading this game instead of getting a physical copy is for the speed and convenience. This "72 hour processing period" nullifies all of that.
Reply Quote
Me, too. Used Paypal, tried to make it easy for you guys. Have been through the starter twice now.
Reply Quote
Okay I can confirm it works for me now -- it's been within 48 hrs since I ordered it online, and I just killed the Skeleton King and proceeded along the storyline.

There was no indication that the payment verification has completed though, so I guess you'll just have to keep trying and go back to kill the King until the game finally lets you proceed.

06/21/2012 03:53 AMPosted by solehokage
Also, this is my first Blizzard game (and almost certainly my last, at least digitally) but is this standard practice?

I bought Starcraft II digitally in the same way, and none of this "waiting" crap happened. Dunno why Blizzard decided to do this with D3.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem and I cannot proceed after Skeleton King! If Blizzard made me play the entire Act 1 againt, I WANT MY REFUND!!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!
Reply Quote
i just got off the phone with blizzard the guy said that if you buy the digital version you must wait up to 72 hours for your game purchase to verify :P so they give you the starter version for now lol
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/21/2012 05:36 AMPosted by JCT
I bought Starcraft II digitally in the same way, and none of this "waiting" crap happened. Dunno why Blizzard decided to do this with D3.

World of Warcraft has this same payment process.

See, even though you buy the game online, the bank hasn't fully verified the payment yet. This shows up as a authorization hold if you check your bank statement. During this time the bank can decline it for any reason. 72 hours typical is how long the bank takes to verify that the purchase is legitimate.
Reply Quote
it says "active" in my account, but this is not the case when i log into the actual game... what's going on here??
Reply Quote
Blame the banks!!! LMAO!!!!! LAME!!!!!
As though this is the FIRST time anybody ever purchase anything at all on the internet.
Edited by casperonian#6371 on 6/22/2012 7:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i too digital purchased game but everytime i get to skeleton king it tells me i need to upgrade and wont let me do ne more quests
Reply Quote
Has anyone ever get upgraded to full version from starter version after 72 hours?
Reply Quote
Same here! Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Thank you,
Reply Quote
Ok, so the payment has to be confirmed, all fine and well. But what happens when it is? Will we have to go back and beat the skeleton king in order to make the game recognize that it is full version, or will we be able to continue from wherever we were when we exited the game? I went back to tristram to start a new quest, only to realize there weren't any (following which I searched and found this post.)
Reply Quote
It still says i have starter edition when i beat the skeleton boss but in the main menu i can access the auction house and public matches?? Please someone solve this issue. And i have no game key either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]