Diablo® III

Unidentified Items

43 Night Elf Hunter
What's the point when everyone has the base ability of being able to identify them?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
05/27/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Jawaka
What's the point when everyone has the base ability of being able to identify them?

The surprise factor and anticipation of watching that progress bar and hoping for a high roll!
Reply Quote
You can sometimes sell an item unid for higher than it would go for with !@#$ty mods, at least that was how it worked in D2 if you found a buyer who wanted to gamble a little. Idk if you can even post items unid on the AH though, so there's probably not much point in D3.
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
[quote]
05/27/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Baconweave
You can sometimes sell an item unid for higher than it would go for with !@#$ty mods, at least that was how it worked in D2 if you found a buyer who wanted to gamble a little. Idk if you can even post items unid on the AH though, so there's probably not much point in D3.

As far as I know you can't sell unidentified items any more so the gambling element is gone.
Edited by Scatter#1394 on 5/27/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you see a yellow sword, you would pick up to see whats about.
If you see a "volcanic nail" or "x" name you will know if its useful or not. Plus its funny to identify an item hoping it will have good stats.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Jawaka
[quote]

As far as I know you can't sell unidentified items any more so the gambling element is gone.

I miss that some from DII. I used to specifically go to the merchant that I could gamble with for fun, just to see what I'd wind up with. It was usually about 50/50. Might not be able to sell them in the AH, but is it possible to trade them directly with people?
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
If you see a yellow sword, you would pick up to see whats about.
If you see a "volcanic nail" or "x" name you will know if its useful or not. Plus its funny to identify an item hoping it will have good stats.

I'm going to pick up a rare item regardless what it's called. The name alone doesn't tell me what the stats on it are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]