Diablo® III

What gems to use for Barbarians on Inferno?

Can someone tell their thoughts about what socket they use on weapon/helm/other?
What is the best to equip where for Inferno farming?
Reply Quote
I use MF in helm for act 1, and life for any other. Unless you have a very high level amethyst then you should just put a ruby in your weapon.

Socket your gem slots based on what you need more of. If your damage is low but your health is high then use str gems. It all depends on your gear.
Reply Quote
If you are playing a tanky Barbarian with Frenzy and a fast weapon, you should take the purple gem.
The rest of the gear should, speaking of the current metagame, be gemmed purple, too.

If you have inferno on farm, not just only Act I, you can switch some purples into red, but you really need to balance survivability with damage on your own.
Reply Quote
I find it situational, mostly depending on your stats without gems. I try to stay 1:1 for strength/vital at the moment. That being the case, I'll supplement whichever stat is lacking w/ my gems. Right now I'm around 1100 str/vit w/ mostly vital gems.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 04:38 AMPosted by CYZLAK
hmm i rly need to re-gem. i have flawless square ruby in everything and i get 1 shot by white mobs xD (just got to inf)

If white mobs are one-shotting you in A1 regemming is the least of your worries.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]