Diablo® III

Game says up to date but then not...

Same here, please FIX this!!!!
Reply Quote
IceMasta, you really are a very special boy.
Reply Quote
Ice masta, there are people playing in European server(s)... How long we should wait do you think, 10 mins? Really?
Reply Quote
AFAIK, the maintenance on the EU servers hasn't started yet; so those of us that have a miss-patched client are SOL till that happens (or we reinstall)... lets hope its not on the week scale.
Reply Quote
http://www.world-time-zones.org/zones/pacific-daylight-time.htm
Edited by Wolus#2966 on 5/29/2012 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Have you tried right clicking on Diablo 3 and selecting "Run As Administrator." patch looping is almost always because of permission issue.

And yes, servers are down so you'll be unable to patch anyways.
Reply Quote
Machkhan
Support Forum Agent
Hey guys and gals,

We're still under maintenance, so this is why you are unable to log in. I don't know if this maintenance/patching can prevent you from playing in other regions that may not be under maintenance, but I will inquire about it and get back to y'all.

Machkhan
Support Forum Agent
05/29/2012 10:04 AM

Posted by ashtrash
In Europe server is up and still have the same - "update needed"/"game is up to date" loop.

Ok, so I got more information. This happens for other region servers that has not been patched. Basically since the game patched here in North America, it is not matching the other region's version, which is still 1.0.1.

I will be looking into this a bit more and sending feedback up. But for the moment, you won't be able to play in other regions until their patch version matches your patch version. They patch at different times.

Hope this will clear some question.
Edited by BattleOrion#1400 on 5/29/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wouldnt it be awesome if they would change the error message thats being displayed to "servers are being patched. try again later" instead of
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/OMFGJUSTGIVEMEANACCOUNT/patch.jpg

and wouldnt it also be great if they decided to make the time zone references in their news blurbs relevant to someones location instead of some obscure reference to CET which few people outside of europe have any idea exists? or maybe, gee just maybe they could use UTC/GMT so EVERYONE knows wtf theyre talking about?

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/OMFGJUSTGIVEMEANACCOUNT/D3.jpg

maybe then people wouldnt flood the forums asking wtf is going on and sarcastic douchenozzles wouldnt have a reason to denegrate others like a pack of bored yet surprisingly dull ferrets?
Reply Quote
one more here xD
Reply Quote
All the maintenance posts are for the USA servers! The EU-servers are up and running on version 1.0.1.9558 I can run PERFECTLY on my mac, but on my PC I down loaded the enUS locale version of the installer so it checks its software against the US servers and updated even though the EU servers are still running the old software...
Reply Quote
Had this problem as well. Like someone else said above, it's a US/EU client/server mismatch.

In my case, I had the US client for some reason (I think thanks to playing the guest edition). It updated, then tried to log me in on the EU servers (where I play), after which it gave a "DIII will now close & patch" message before crashing to desktop and doing nothing. Trying to log on to the US server (by changing account options) gave me a connection error but no update message and crash.

I fixed it by uninstalling everything, downloading the correct game launcher (English EU in my case) and re-installing from that. Went fast enough because I have a 100mbit connection, but I imagine it's not an attractive option for others.

If Blizzard doesn't want to further earn a !@#$ reputation, they better fix this mismatch or make it clear to people what the solution is.

Edit: I hope they ban the a-hole dude acting all uppity towards players with problems and screwing the forums with his needless line breaks.
Edited by Deterbeest#2213 on 5/29/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
google:

pdt time now

.. the game will be up
Reply Quote
ENDLESS
google:

pdt time now

That's not the issue at hand. I wish people like you would read the posts better and keep their mouths shut instead of trying to be a wise !@# and offering solutions to different problems.

You're not that smart, idiots.
Edited by Deterbeest#2213 on 5/29/2012 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
FIX THIS NOW I DID NOT PAY 60$ TO DEAL WITH THIS KIND STUPIDITY ITS REASON Y ALL UR GOOD STAFF MOVED TOO LEAGUE OF LEGENDS JESUS CHRIST
Reply Quote
ENDLESS
google:

pdt time now

That's not the issue at hand. I wish people like you would read the posts better and keep their mouths shut instead of trying to be a wise !@# and offering solutions to different problems.

You're not that smart, idiots.

sir no need for name calling :)

im sure they want the game operationial on all fronts as bad as we do.
Reply Quote
check you are logging in to the correct region in your options. fixed it for me.
Reply Quote
For me it was that I had the English - British version installed, even though I was playing on American servers (Canadian here..). Couldn't even select English - US in game, had to completely uninstall the game and am now re-installing using the US English installer.
Reply Quote
I've got the US version and I'm playing on the US servers, and I'm trapped in the 'version up to date' 'new patch available' loop. Notice the rest of the replys are from a day or two earlier, so am I the only one still experiencing this issue?
Edited by Stavage#6662 on 5/31/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nope, you're not the only one. Same issue here and I was playing successfully on this computer until 1am, only 7 hours ago...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]