Diablo® III

Error 3

So the americas is down, so i switched to europe yet when it goes to verify my credentials it says the patch needs to be downloaded even though i already downloaded it and shuts the game down to download, but then gives me an error saying diablo 3 has shut down unexpectedly and then restarts, but doesnt do anything. So i switched to the asia server and it loads, but i get a error 3 message and it wont retrieve my hero list! anyone else getting this and if so, have you heard or fixed the problem?
Reply Quote
I finaly got the game and whenever I try to log in I get a similare problem after it atempts to authenticate credentials it keeps saying error 3!
Reply Quote
I've been struggling with this in various forms- its was error 14009 then error 3.. Then I went through and tried the various fixes and nothing worked except I could launch the game from a newly created Administrator account from my computer.

I thought about why this might be and decided to track the cache folder down and examine it. Removing it did nothing before.. Support articles suggest the agreements needed to be downloaded and couldn't under my original computer account. That doesn't make ANY sense as my account is already an Admin.

Looking at the top folder's permissions I found that the folder owner was the newly created administrator account. I changed ownership back to my original working account and propagated the permissions to all the enclosed items and folders. I logged off the new account then back to my working account- checked folder permissions and all checked okay (or at least my changes were reflected.) I launched the game.. changed my server to The America's, entered credentials and used Authenticator.

Login was successful. I can now see both characters and play. I haven't tried to see if the other admin account (*the new one) would fail to work after this change. If you do let us know what happens.

Note: access to this folder was supposedly granted to all users on my computer belonging to the Administrator's group.. looks like that was ignored but I'm thinking that's a Windows flakiness issue. My Mac hasn't had any type of issue like this happen.

Hope this works for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]